• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Bought this MJ a week or so ago.. 91 4.0 AX15 177k Short bed...

Nice! Must be "buy a super clean MJ" week. I thought I had a nice one. Got me beat with the HO AX15 truck. :(

Was the bed used to haul pillows all it's life?

20151117_190347_zps5svpfwhf.jpg

This one did turn out to be a Metric Ton truck.

20151117_181532_zpsqmxrddtz.jpg

20151117_185839_zpszouruqbx.jpg

20151117_190521_zps2rrnqfz1.jpg

How much Andy?

$6,000. The same thing I'd sell it for.

I'll be he text you that answer. I'd love to get a 91 or 92 mj with the 5 speed.

Me and you both. Can't be picky all the time, I guess. I'd MUCH rather this be a SWB truck but oh well.

he stole it.

still pisses me off.....

:wave:

Now, I just have to figure out why it won't start.

The guy said it would run for about 30 minutes before shutting off. Wait for a while then it would restart. Then he let it sit for a while and it wouldn't start at all.

I'm guessing it needs a CPS. I haven't looked at it at all yet, though.

Lost my headlights Monday night in the 1994 XJ. I had to drive home holding the selector stalk back all the way home - 1 hour with lights on bright going through busy traffic. In the process I also lost marker and dash lights.

Tuesday I install a new headlight switch. Doesn't fix the issue.

Thursday we (my awesome Father-In-Law Larry) start going through the wiring diagrams and try to locate the issue. We think it is in the dimmer switch so hopefully we can get one pulled from a parts XJ today to try and test. Turns out the dimmer switch for a 89 and 94 are the same part number.

The dash and marker light issue ended up being the number 15 fuse. It was blown so we replaced it and all seems well.

The plug behind the drivers headlight had some corrosion inside. We are cleaning it up but current appears to be flowing through it. Several had said this was an issue.

I will post a resolution thread over in the OEM tech when we figure it out. I'm not the only one who has had these issues.

Well me and my front D-60 and my MJ are all in the same place now. So now I need to borrow my neighbor's tractor to get it out of my dodge and into my garage. Then the tear down will start!

Now, I just have to figure out why it won't start.

The guy said it would run for about 30 minutes before shutting off. Wait for a while then it would restart. Then he let it sit for a while and it wouldn't start at all.

I'm guessing it needs a CPS. I haven't looked at it at all yet, though.

Sounds like CPS to me as well. Not sure if you can ohm those out like on the late models to verify if they're bad or not. Being a Renix, I assume yes, as 90% of Renix's issues can be verified with a multimeter.

FINALLY.

Finished with the floor pan replacement, got the newer seat bracket in today and sealed up the small gap between the floor pan and subframe with some 1435 (aircraft fuselage sealant) it was out of date for use at work. Couple coats of spray in bed liner in the cabin and a few coats of undercoat on the bottom. As this stuff was drying, I was able to pull out the D30 for the re-gear.

Ahh. progress.

My super awesome father in law helped me fix the headlight issue. Turns out a major feed wire that runs between the dimmer switch and headlight switch failed at the connector causing them to go out.

I have more info written in the OEM forum if anyone wants to read about it.

12234870_10208414586548741_8177998317101180750_n.jpg

Serviced;
Front Diff
Rear Diff
Transmission (AX15)
Transfer Case
Oil & Filter

Replaced:
Belt
Radiator cap
Front pinion seal
Fuel Filter
Rear shaft U joints/straps
Coolant (Drain/Refill)

Repaired;
Parking Brake Cable
Marker lights
Misc wiring/vac leaks

Overall a very productive night thanks to a couple great friends and a few hours of time together. Drives much better. Now that I've addressed all the mechanical issues from when I purchased it a few weeks ago, it's time to make it better!

I made my MJ run after bugging the crap out of several people for 2 days solid.

It runs great. $35 fix for my $600 truck.

You sir suck! What was it?

Changed out plugs on the (new) 98....Looked like OE,80,000 miles.
Getting ready for a new header on the 96.

Bought a pair of millers for $200... Miller 135 and an Auto Arc 120. 120 needs a Drive roller and the 135 just needs a new liner in the Tweco gun..Got the carts some wire and an itty bitty empty co2/argon bottle.
:D
Going to be throwing the BB on the MJ and hopefully swapping the rims to some black steelies between today and tomorrow.

Finally got a DD. After 8 months of looking, test driving, and looking, and test driving.....I picked up my first ever new truck. 2015 F150 FX4 crew cab with 2.7 ecoboost. Had it custom ordered with the exterior, interior, gears, and locker like I wanted........and it helps having a close friend be the vice president of the local Ford dealer..............

Now to beat up on the XJ since I don't need to rely on it.

Back