• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Yeah saw a few built buggy XJs and a few built JKs that were from Middle GA. The group of XJs camped next to me. I road most of yesterday with a group of JKs from BCH Offroad(?) from somewhere in GA. They were fun and although their rigs were amazing, I stayed right with them in the XJ.

Yep. Calvin with BCH is a cool guy in the burnt orange JKUR. BCH is in Carrollton here. I've rode with them at Chocco before. I was open open I think and hung in there with them doing some fun stuff in the only non JK out there.

Worked on the Jeep all day yesterday. Knocked a good many things off my list, added a few more.

Enlisted some assistance:

20140525_135910_zpsa626c534.jpg

Redneck shelter from the sun:
20140525_165134_zps2cebda8f.jpg

What I was left with at the end of the day:
20140525_165853_zps54803a6f.jpg

The stereo all hooked up like I wanted it. Gotta have decent tunes for the Crawl.
Flushed my coolant system and noticed my temp gauge stopped working (Gotta figure that out)
Replaced the motor mounts.
Threw the rear drive shaft in and took it for a test drive after the transmission swap. (It's SOOO nice to have a working transmission in it.)
Got back from the test drive and pulled the rear axle out of it so I can redo the brakes, springs perches, leafs and build the traction bar.
Also bypassed the heater core completely because the heater control valve was leaking. Thinking about plumbing the heater core back into the system. Doubt it.
Get to meet up with Glenn next weekend to pick up my leaf springs to go back in it and finish up the rear axle.
Then I get to do a good once over of the whole thing. If I get it back in good shape I might actually start driving this thing around on the road again. :)

Yep. Calvin with BCH is a cool guy in the burnt orange JKUR. BCH is in Carrollton here. I've rode with them at Chocco before. I was open open I think and hung in there with them doing some fun stuff in the only non JK out there.

Yeah thast them. He had a RIPP Supercharged JK. Cool guys.

Speaking of Chocco, there is a ride there in a few weeks for a charity. I think Im gonna go, never had a reason to go to Chocco before since there are 4-5 ORV parks within an hour of the house. If you have your rig back together...come on over.

Yeah thast them. He had a RIPP Supercharged JK. Cool guys.

Speaking of Chocco, there is a ride there in a few weeks for a charity. I think Im gonna go, never had a reason to go to Chocco before since there are 4-5 ORV parks within an hour of the house. If you have your rig back together...come on over.

Last weekend in June? I'm going next weekend with some friends.

Picked up a HP30 for my Jeep, it's getting installed along with new UCA's on Wednesday. Went to my cousin's wedding, had a blast. Helped a buddy put a motor in a Civic. Hoping I can get all my crap done to go to URE for a shakedown this weekend

Cleaned the shop some. Sent the winch off to be "factory" serviced. Removed the draglink to send to Andy at Ironman 4x4 fab for a modification. Helped the GF clear some undergrowth on her property. Watched some Netflix and the movie Monument Men!

That's right. If you go, I might go back. Costs me half a tank a gas and $20 to get in. Not too mad for a day trip. Need to start saving for the crawl.

I am tentatively planning for that weekend. Probably do a Saturday and come back on Sunday morning. Its about 1.5hrs for me and I may drag some locals along as well. I'll let you know as soon as I have a solid timeline.

Spent all day yesterday working on Wendy's red ZJ. New cap, rotor, wires & plugs for a tune-up, but still needs a little more help; maybe a Seafoam treatment and injector cleaning will smooth it out the rest of the way. Then I was off to the shop and I installed a set of factory spring rubbers to help level the front end, then installed new ball joints and this is where it all started going downhill. First off it was my fault for trusting a brand I'd never heard of ("Mevotech" Supreme). These were by far the most difficult ball joints I've ever installed. I thought I was going to break my ball joint press trying to press them in. After I got them in I took it for a test drive, and it had somehow developed a shimmy in the front end. Kind of like that "Uh-oh here it comes!" shimmy just before a full-on death wobble episode. After double checking everything I discovered the new ball joints had almost 1/8" of vertical play! I realize the upper should have some vertical movement but I've never seen it in a new lower joint. So I called Rock Auto and they're issuing a credit and I went ahead and ordered a set of Moogs. I installed a set of those in her gold ZJ 3 years ago and they're still as tight as they were when new. So the lesson learned here is go with what you know works! :banghead:

I knew there was a reason I've been avoiding Mevotech. Same goes for Deeza. I haven't bought either, but in general, if it sounds like George Lucas came up with the brand name for the next star wars movie, I aint buying their parts.

Back