• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

It wasn't for the lack of trying! Haha!

I already got a complete replacement D20 for $75 and it is a rare factory twin stick model which will make this all easier in the end. All the gears I need are about $450 to my door, plus Im going to have them cryo treated so It'll end up costing me about $600 to fix it after it's all said and done. It sucks, but at least my Advance Adapters 32 spline HD output housing survived. If it was killed I'm not sure what I'd do... At that point I'd probably just scrap it and do something different.

It'll be up and going good as new again here soon.

put an air shifted louvell it in it......i think its only like 5 grand?

Oh, that's not bad at all lol.

Although I think if I were going to spend that much I'd go ahead & swap in the 465 & Stak & then throw a little more at it & get some racelines & 39" red label Krawlers.

Went to the range yesterday with my dad. 4 inch circles at 100 yds with surplus 30-06 in the ole 03a3 ain't too shabby.

My shoulder hurts.

Dougie, you need to get behind this one and squeeze off a couple dozen.

1903 Springfield! Aren't they great! I'd grab it over any one of my black rifles if I had a fire in the house. Love my 1903's and Mausers!

It wasn't for the lack of trying! Haha!

I already got a complete replacement D20 for $75 and it is a rare factory twin stick model which will make this all easier in the end. All the gears I need are about $450 to my door, plus Im going to have them cryo treated so It'll end up costing me about $600 to fix it after it's all said and done. It sucks, but at least my Advance Adapters 32 spline HD output housing survived. If it was killed I'm not sure what I'd do... At that point I'd probably just scrap it and do something different.

It'll be up and going good as new again here soon.

Remember the "make it better next time rule"...........cryo FTW.:yelclap:

Betty on 39" stickies will be SICK!

Why stak over atlas? Size?

Lol, good one Doug!

My frame rails are roughly 25" apart on the inside. The atlas is just too wide to fit without clocking it way down or chopping out the whole right structure of the buggy. Stak makes a case called the B box and it was specifically designed for an early bronco, but can be ordered in either driver or passenger drop. It's designed to fit in a frame with a 24" inside width if the input is centered (which mine is actually offset to the left just a tad if my memory serves me correctly) so it should fit just right. I would actually prefer the Atlas over the Stak but it just won't fit. On a plus side though, the Stak B Box is available in either a 2 or 3 speed variation. But... Realistically I'd just get the 2 speed in a 3.77 ratio. Eh... Maybe some day!

That & some 39" Krawlers should make it more fun lol. I think there's actually a good chance of less breakage as long as I can keep the rotating weight about the same. I wouldn't't have to be nearly as hard on her as I am now bc it should climb a lot better.

Yeah, This one was sporterized as well. 45-70 is a hell of a punch I hear.

Yes it does! The Marlin is short making it stomp even harder

My next gun will be a henry in 45-70. Just because.

Henry is a great gun. I'm a Marlin lever action guy myself( I like double action revolvers as well, maybe I was born a 100 years too late).

At one time I had every caliber lever action that Marlin ever made. I sold all of the collection to build my first XJ. I had both of the big boys in my collection, the 45-70 and the 444

Okay, what a day!

I had blood work done this morning followed by another Remicade infusion. In the process of going to eat turkey dinner at school with my daughter, I notice my car smoking. Losing coolant because of a ruptured bypass hose. Add about 5 gallons of water to get it home.

I then need to go meet my wife and jump in the Ranger and take off only to realize the battery light is on and something isn't right with the charging system. Go back home and get the XJ.

Aired up the tires and took off. Jeep was shimmying and shaking. I knew I lost some wheel weights and found some crud jammed between the tire and rim. Meet and get back and heading for home. Going thru Woodbury on the bypass the shaking gets bad and my wheel and tire pass me by. Damn lug nuts came off! WTF? Threads were ruined on the unit bearing.

Autozone doesn't stock one for a RENIX. I call Mark and he has a brand new one in the box. He is on his way. I go home to get some more tools and meet him back at the XJ. Mark busts his butt and gets everything back together and gets a spare on. Drive home and it's smooth as it should be.

What would I do without my best friend.

My knee hurts and I'm tired. Time for bed.

Okay, what a day!

I had blood work done this morning followed by another Remicade infusion. In the process of going to eat turkey dinner at school with my daughter, I notice my car smoking. Losing coolant because of a ruptured bypass hose. Add about 5 gallons of water to get it home.

I then need to go meet my wife and jump in the Ranger and take off only to realize the battery light is on and something isn't right with the charging system. Go back home and get the XJ.

Aired up the tires and took off. Jeep was shimmying and shaking. I knew I lost some wheel weights and found some crud jammed between the tire and rim. Meet and get back and heading for home. Going thru Woodbury on the bypass the shaking gets bad and my wheel and tire pass me by. Damn lug nuts came off! WTF? Threads were ruined on the unit bearing.

Autozone doesn't stock one for a RENIX. I call Mark and he has a brand new one in the box. He is on his way. I go home to get some more tools and meet him back at the XJ. Mark busts his butt and gets everything back together and gets a spare on. Drive home and it's smooth as it should be.

That's a bad day Ed

Okay, what a day!

Wow Ed! When it rains it pours I guess. Props to Mark for saving the day!

Okay, what a day!

why do cherokees hate having wheels on them?

glad you guys could get it fixed. the universe must have declared yesterday a bad day...Sam got laid off when she showed up at work, a month after they convinced her to turn down another job by offering a perm position and raise and benefits....i was ready to crack skulls, literally. don't be offering big raises and permanence when your company is staring at a fiscal cliff

why do cherokees hate having wheels on them?

glad you guys could get it fixed. the universe must have declared yesterday a bad day...Sam got laid off when she showed up at work, a month after they convinced her to turn down another job by offering a perm position and raise and benefits....i was ready to crack skulls, literally. don't be offering big raises and permanence when your company is staring at a fiscal cliff

Poor Sam. She needs to work with animals anyway. That's what make her Happy!:heart: Now let make it happen.:callme:

Okay, what a day!

Damn Ed.... if it wern't for bad luck eh? Glad Mark was able to lend a hand! Hope this weekend bears better days ahead my friend!

Damn Ed.... if it wern't for bad luck eh? Glad Mark was able to lend a hand! Hope this weekend bears better days ahead my friend!

Yeah, it seems like I'd be better off with no luck sometimes.

Yeah, it seems like I'd be better off with no luck sometimes.

Things will turn around for you I know it. You are a good man who gives a lot. :clap:

89 XJ

Added a sound bar and put woodland fabric (brown, black, white) on it. Rewired my stereo (wiring was a hack job from previous owner). Pulled all my grounds off and sanded the contact points to smooth bare metal. Wired my fog lights to the stock switch and converted them to the h3 bulbs (also had to cut the two green wires off the switch and run my own so I can turn the lights on in acc or on position. WITHOUT the need for headlights.) And bow I'm about to go outside and do the door lock mod for more power to fix the 2volt drop.

Back