• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I lost a good friend on Friday, he committed suicide. On a lighter note, I gained a girlfriend today.

sorry about your friend Aaron, i know that stuff can be hard to deal with.

....congrats on the girlfriend, youll know for sure if she survives her first campfire ;)

Destroyed my "bling bling" Dana 20 T-case. Killed the Tera Low gear set and broke the case.

Damnit I need a B-Box Stak and while I'm at it, get rid of the NP435 and switch over to an SM465 so I can lose of the noisyness that goes on while driving down the road. I want to... but too bad I don't have $3500 laying around to buy a case, adapters, and all the other crap I would need to do the swap. Gonna get another case and replace the busted Tera Low gears for now. Maybe after KOH I'll start saving up for and gather parts to switch over to that stuff.

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0442.jpg

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

sorry about your friend Aaron, i know that stuff can be hard to deal with.

....congrats on the girlfriend, youll know for sure if she survives her first campfire ;)

She has a mouth like a sailor and can handle the heat, she'll be fine! :)

I lost a good friend on Friday, he committed suicide.

Aaron, so sorry to hear about your friend. Take care and if you need anything, let me know.

Aaron, so sorry to hear about your friend. Take care and if you need anything, let me know.

Thanks Ed, we're all still pretty shocked about it. Trying to wrap my head around it still. Kristen is helping as much as she can, glad to have her around.

Sorry again about your friend Aaron. Like I said the other night, holler if you need anything!

Sorry again about your friend Aaron. Like I said the other night, holler if you need anything!

Thanks Buddy! Oh Doug, Ed, and others who were in the chat a couple weeks ago....she was the Secret project! :D

ohh i see a sawsall in your future ;)

Saturday went wheeling at Golden Mountain Park in Sparta, TN.

Sunday went to Church, then took my wife on a date after dropping off the kids with my parents. Went and ate at Chuy's and then went and saw a movie. Saw Taken 2 and watched Liam Neeson kick a ton of butt again. I enjoyed the movie. Picked up a few Christmas presents for the kids at Target and called it a day.

Great weekend.

Friday worked on Jeep some. Was aggravated and harassed by the future x. Went out for a beer and brought a 6 home. Did some work on my oil painting hobby. Saturday, worked on Baby Ghost and found the headlight issue was a headlight switch. Quit working on Jeeps and went to pick up and pay for a suspension seat. Went to Myrtle and did some shopping for the boys and me. Got a room and hung out down there for the night. Came home early Sunday and was at the house buy noon. Watched "Tower Heist" and then to the Veterans day show that my son was singing in. All in all a decent weekend but not what I wanted to do nor what I had initially planed.

Went to the JY today, picked up a couple yokes and a spare front driveshaft, along with other goodies for other cars. Replaced the destroyed u-joint and rear yoke. Barely got the u-joint to fit in the driveshaft, the ears on it are definitely tweaked, I believe this is the last breakage it can withstand. No choice but to build a new one with the upcoming axle swap.

Showed up at 4WP to meet with an old work friend of mine, got talked into entering the Teal B*tch into the show and shine event I didnt know they were having, and walked away with 2nd place and a $200.00 4WP gift card. My buddy won 1st, and got $300.00. It helped that there was only 4 jeeps entered, but I was smiling!!!

Spent the gift card on a CB set-up for my red Jeep, and some other goodies that I probably didnt need, ARB deflator, Rocker Switches, some other junk.

My buddy has the red '68 Jeepster comando next to mine, its pretty sick, but definitely a show Jeep.

IMG_20121110_131250.jpg

Showed up at 4WP to meet with an old work friend of mine, got talked into entering the Teal B*tch into the show and shine event I didnt know they were having, and walked away with 2nd place and a $200.00 4WP gift card. My buddy won 1st, and got $300.00. It helped that there was only 4 jeeps entered, but I was smiling!!!

Spent the gift card on a CB set-up for my red Jeep, and some other goodies that I probably didnt need, ARB deflator, Rocker Switches, some other junk.

My buddy has the red '68 Jeepster comando next to mine, its pretty sick, but definitely a show Jeep.

IMG_20121110_131250.jpg

Nice!

Pretty Awsome Stump!!!!

Flushed the radiator. Now just gotta get the leak fixed...

Im sure Stump gets this alot......but.........your jeep is the pinnacle of what an XJ can be with enough time, money, skill, and imagination. Well done and congrats on your prize.

And it performs as well as it is built.

Went to Stumps and welded the rack up on my XJ Saturday night. That morning I swapped the distributor on my wagon and got it running tip top. It really moves now that it's not cutting out and the LSD is getting most of the power to the ground!

Back