• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Pennzoil use to make a 25wt racing oil that was really good for flat tappet break in. Not sure if they have it anymore or not but I have broken in two 4.0's on it and they are running strong.

EDIT: A quick search says that Penn no longer makes the racing oil I mentioned above but if you search for, "Flat tappet engine break in oil" (scroll to the middle of the page) you will find that the Lucas 30wt break in oil is highest in zinc and phosphorus

Last edited:
What kind of oil are you going to use to break it in?

You know even diesel oils no longer have an adequate amount of ZDDP that is necessary for flat tappet cam break in.

I really like the Brad Penn oil and would recommend running it all of the time.

Pennzoil use to make a 25wt racing oil that was really good for flat tappet break in. Not sure if they have it anymore or not but I have broken in two 4.0's on it and they are running strong.

EDIT: A quick search says that Penn no longer makes the racing oil I mentioned above but if you search for, "Flat tappet engine break in oil" (scroll to the middle of the page) you will find that the Lucas 30wt break in oil is highest in zinc and phosphorus

Valvoline VR1 VV205 10W-30 - Contains a minimum of 1,200 each for ZDDP content levels verified by a few oil tests I researched. After those first two oil changes, 500 and 3,500, I plan to run Mobil 1 High Mileage or another synthetic that has a minimum of 1,000 ZDDP. Mainly because VV205 is impossible to find around here.

Got a new banner to hang in the shop!

IMAG0447.jpg

I can't see the banner at work :(

I assume it's RCV? I wonder what they would charge me for custom shafts for my 44.

red 'if you're going bling, go all the way' heep

I'll be a member of the RCV'd 30 club one of these days.

Worked on the 97 to take it wheeling.... woudl not start. Had to charge her over night to get it going on Saturday. Stopped messing with it and started back on "Ghost" Worked on the rocker replacement some more. Got frustrated and went home and out. Was at a bar trying to get a beer and this chick looks at me and says:
Chick: "You need a seat?"
Me: "No jsut trying to get a beer."
Chick: "Well jsut slide on up in my hole!"
I about fell on the floor from laughter.
Saturday: Finished up the rocker replacement and got a lot done on the header replacement.

Jeep012.jpg

On a side note... I hate the new photobucket...

Sunday about all I did was watch a couple movies and "The Walking Dead."

I mostly spent the weekend rebuilding the front end on my girlfriends car and afterwards raised it about 3 inches. Today I got the alignment done and it's nice and smooth with all the new joints/axles/shocks. Someone has to take care of it.... ;)

You can change back to the old photobucket. there is a link to do it on the home page. I didnt like the new, and it let me go back to the old one.

For a while.... it is like the FB timeline thing I believe.

Back