• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Not much to see but a mess of parts and trucks and Jeeps and lego's right now.

I'll vouch for this :D

But the most important feature of the ghost shop, it's heated! Not that's been much of a necessity this winter.....

IMG_20120121_170615.jpg

I'm not a Camero guy, but seeing this parked next to......well, whatever that other thing is, made me proud to be an American.

I live about 200 meters from a gas station on the toll road (great for picking up truckers) and walked over to get a Coke when I saw this Camero. The only person inside the station that wasn't a worker (worker's park somewhere else, outside of the toll system) was a young Italian guy with his mom. I couldn't figure out who owned it, but it sure looked sick.

Tomorrow I'm leveling the lift with some IronMan4x4Fab adjustable shackles and hopefully finally fixing the tcase so I will have 4x4.

so i lowered the front end down 3/4", busted rust and painted the front fender wells. replaced the rear wiper switch, broke my battery mount, then fixed said battery mount.

finally found a 97+ in the jy. i'm pretty sure it was a owned by a guy who wronged his girl, this thing might as well went to the recycling center. only a few pieces not torn off, scratched, or broken off. even the windows were all keyed up.:soapbox:

so i lowered the front end down 3/4", busted rust and painted the front fender wells. replaced the rear wiper switch, broke my battery mount, then fixed said battery mount.

finally found a 97+ in the jy. i'm pretty sure it was a owned by a guy who wronged his girl, this thing might as well went to the recycling center. only a few pieces not torn off, scratched, or broken off. even the windows were all keyed up.:soapbox:

6cyl or 4cyl? (4.10 chry 8.25 with 29 spline would be nice)
4wd? (bigger u-joints in the front shafts)

Went out with a bunch of friends from college for a buddy's birthday Friday night and wound up staying out till 1am. Threw what turned out to be a pretty big shindig at the house last night for my roommate's birthday that lasted till 4am this morning.

It's been a fun weekend, but damn i'm beat!

They put 4.10s in the later model xjs?
yup. AFAIK all 2.5L+5spd manual XJs got 4.10s. Some 2.5L autos (available during RENIX years and even earlier, and rumored in early 90s... never seen one) came with 4.56s. I don't believe the 00/01 were available with the 2.5L at all but I could be wrong. Parts catalog backs me up on it, but says a 2.5L TD engine was available on those years... I think it was either extremely rare in the US or export-only.

Interesting. Too bad the gear sets from the 8.25 won't fit my D35.
Just swap the axle over whole, it's a few hours of easy grinder and welder work. SUA perch set is like 125 including u-bolts from RuffStuff. If I can put perches on and get the angle right + have the welds hold when I throttle down, anyone can :dunce:

Oh, you have to shorten the driveshaft a little too, or find one from a 44 equipped MJ with the same drivetrain.

yup. AFAIK all 2.5L+5spd manual XJs got 4.10s. Some 2.5L autos (available during RENIX years and even earlier, and rumored in early 90s... never seen one) came with 4.56s. I don't believe the 00/01 were available with the 2.5L at all but I could be wrong. Parts catalog backs me up on it, but says a 2.5L TD engine was available on those years... I think it was either extremely rare in the US or export-only.

They had diesels in the early models....like renix area. They were super rare. There was a guy in this area who had one a few years ago, so I know they do exist lol.

I knew they were available up till 95 or so, but had no idea they made them after that. Now I almost want one just because.

Just swap the axle over whole, it's a few hours of easy grinder and welder work. SUA perch set is like 125 including u-bolts from RuffStuff. If I can put perches on and get the angle right + have the welds hold when I throttle down, anyone can :dunce:

Oh, you have to shorten the driveshaft a little too, or find one from a 44 equipped MJ with the same drivetrain.

That is a lot of work. I'm fairly lazy and don't have a grinder nor a welder.

I actually got some stuff done yesterday.

I finished installing my hyrdaulic assist, FINALLY swapped in the Chromo shafts I got from Doug (a year after I bought them), fix the tail lights and dash lights in the 98, installed my CB in the 93 and pulled the transmission out of the MJ.

Now I can't decide if I want to put it back together with a internal slave cylinder or is it worth buying the parts to make it an external slave...

6cyl or 4cyl? (4.10 chry 8.25 with 29 spline would be nice)
4wd? (bigger u-joints in the front shafts)

6cyl With a 8.25. 4wd. Couldn't tell much else. I believe it was a 3.55.

Back