• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

was everything alright one of my buddies said AL got messed up again.

Significant damage north, northeast of downtown, Fultondale, Centerpoint, Clay/trussville area.

A lot of people not at work today. Centerpoint/Trussville got slammed again.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/01/tornado_hits_alabama_overnight.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/16687526
13tornado-blog.jpg

Doug! wheres your buggy blog? how far have you gotten?

Doug! wheres your buggy blog? how far have you gotten?

picking up the body first weekend of feb..... im going to document it once the sawzalling begins. I do however have a motor trans transfer case and front axle for it already. ill be picking up the rcv's with ye olde tax return if my numbers are right. should be able to get some started just before the crawl

dont look for this to be done anytime soon...... ima take my sweeeet time, its cheaper that way ;)

Last edited:
what you mean body? is this an xj buggy or what?

I looked into those for the mighty ram but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend $150 on headlights right now.

Maybe its not the pump but the "installer' jk

I've never really had much luck with reman steering parts such as pumps & boxes, heck even the hydro boost brake boosters are marginal at best, took 2 tries to get one that would do anything at all for the cobra, & it even acts up on rare occasions. I know steering parts get expensive fast, but I like to buy new parts when i can afford it.

Agree with you on the PS pump.

Been a while since I got to post in here. Finally got around to doing the zj disc swap on my 8.25, Went fairly smooth. It came apart nice, axle seals, check. Had it all back together bleeding the brakes and the damn bleeder on the driver rear broke off. I had a core now, lol.
Got about 70 bucks in the swap including getting a new caliper. Just got to see about the e brake cables now.

What a PAIN!

I ordered the new power steering pump on Saturday. They said it would be there by 4:30 yesterday. I called them and made sure it was there and that they had a pulley puller today. They said they had both...

As soon as I got home from work I pulled the pump off my Jeep and headed to town. I got there and guess what?! They didn't have EITHER! They saw where it was ordered from the hub store and where it was checked off that it had arrived on the truck... but it was no where in sight.

I ended up hunting down another one in stock in the O'reilly's near where I work. I had to go across the street to Advance to buy a puller. I got home and pulled the pulley off so I can stop in the O'reilly's tomorrow to warranty out the pump on my lunch break... Then I can reinstall the pump when I get home tomorrow.

It pisses me off that I have to borrow a car for work tomorrow because THEY screwed up!

I guess since im currently unemployed, every day is the weekend? Anyway, got some tubing bent today. HUGE thanks to Tyler for the hook up on the dies, thanks man!

Main pieces for the sliders bent:

IMG_20120123_200642.jpg

Got 95% of the upper halo done for the exo portion:

IMG_20120124_125205.jpg

IMG_20120124_153922.jpg

IMG_20120124_153940.jpg

Looks awesome. We may need to talk. I need a harness bar and an X bent up.

I thought I had a guy that was going to do it for me but so far he hasn't come thru.

The trouble is getting the Jeep down there and finding time.

Thanks man, just let me know. I hope to not have Tyler's 1.5" and 1.75" dies too long... Maybe two weeks. I have .75", 1" and 1.25" of my own, and my Dad should be finished with the 1.5" that we share in about a month or little more.

Back