• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

ahhhh this jeep is wearing me out! got the entire rollcage welded in, a little paint, link brackets welded up, stripped the 44 bare and brackets go on tonight..... i will be driving my jeep by the end of the week..... whether it kills me or not

ahhhh this jeep is wearing me out! got the entire rollcage welded in, a little paint, link brackets welded up, stripped the 44 bare and brackets go on tonight..... i will be driving my jeep by the end of the week..... whether it kills me or not

would this be the rollcage from the bumble bee? did you finish welding/painting it. Also, what did you end up doing with the rear lights/plate setup you had on it? POST PICS!!!

Our friend and fellow NAXJA Member- "Mudd Digga-Dave" Was at a kids B-Day party and one of the little fellas (3 years 0ld) hit the deep end unexpected. Dave jumped in without hesitation and pulled the little guy out of the pool. He is very modest about this and will hate I posted it. Never the less, after all the “poop” we post here (Especially me) I figured when one of us does something like this, the rest of us should know.
party1::clap::party:​
l_51a49f63f8e34822865eb73245e3d11f.jpg

Our friend and fellow NAXJA Member- "Mudd Digga-Dave" Was at a kids B-Day party and one of the little fellas (3 years 0ld) hit the deep end unexpected. Dave jumped in without hesitation and pulled the little guy out of the pool. He is very modest about this and will hate I posted it. Never the less, after all the “poop” we post here (Especially me) I figured when one of us does something like this, the rest of us should know.

HERO

I think OldBlue doesn't have anything to do right now so he must play on the computer.

doing some welding in my shop out back. i was in the groove, welding away with my little flux core lincoln weldpak. Kind of felt like my left leg was getting warmer...kept going...wanted to finish this section. Legs getting pretty darn hot now, finally stopped and looked down...and shrieked like a little girl. Half of my left pant leg was on fire! I was wearing my 'work on jeep' clothes, which are pretty muched soaked in oil and other flammable liquids...needless to say, when a hot piece of slag hit the bottom of my pants...WHOOSH. Spent the next minute hopping around trying to pat it out without tripping over anything (hmm...think its time to clean up the shop).

Just a little tip, if you are welding and start to get warm/hot...it means you're on fire... :firedevil

Awesome, HAHA.

Good job. You made someone very happy today.

I think OldBlue doesn't have anything to do right now so he must play on the computer.

Give it up.....You done GOOD!!!!!!!:cheers:

Fixed my power windows Tuesday night. It's nice not having to beat the crap out of the window controls to get them to work on the passenger doors.

Fixed my power windows Tuesday night. It's nice not having to beat the crap out of the window controls to get them to work on the passenger doors.
please tell the secret of how the heck those you got it to work i got the same problem, beating on the master switch to get pass windows to work, i moved the harness around but no success, so what was your cure ?
Thanks,
KP

please tell the secret of how the heck those you got it to work i got the same problem, beating on the master switch to get pass windows to work, i moved the harness around but no success, so what was your cure ?
Thanks,
KP

It's not a secret really lol. All you have to to is solder a jumper wire to bypass the window switch all together. The downside is you lose any ability to lock the windows, however the upside is you no longer have to beat the crap out of the panel to get the rest of them to work. My friend and I did this on both our XJ's Tuesday night at 11:30 at night in the parking of his apartment complex by flashlight and it took all of about 10 minutes per Jeep.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288655&highlight=door+locks

There's a Microsoft Word document out there somewhere that has the same instructions on it. I have it on my computer but couldn't find it in a 30 second search. Look around some more and i'm sure you'll find it.

yeah, i thought it was the lockout switch button, but i tried 2 different ones. now i'll try this, thanks

Back