• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I replaced my radio and two speakers up front so I finally have tunes!!!1:music::party::woohoo:
DSC00617.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

Ok...yeah I did cut the bottom door panels where the old speakers were because technically these weren't "made" for my Jeep..but hey this is a trail rig not a show car.

Replace my lower radiator hose and took delivery of the body from KPG416. Thanks again for hauling that down to me Kris. Build thread to follow shortly.

Don't ask me why, but I like those wheels. What tires, Goodyear MT/R's?

Stock steelies... you can get them cheap or free :D The tires are Maxxis Bighorns.

Did you sell your $300 MJ?

I have someone interested, and I was going to sell it to fund the 94 XJ, but the 94 has fallen through, so I may keep it. The cash is hard to pass up though getting ready for the Crawl and not having another insurance payment...

Hey Nick did you not get this way last week?

Hung out with a friend Friday night, went to a local car show raising money for one of the local charities for the first half of Saturday..spent the second half beginning the install of a blower on a friend's Mustang and ran into a slight issue (by slight I mean there's slightly both a bolt and tap broken off in one of the holes for the fuel rail on the intake manifold). Went to a cookout Saturday evening then spent all day today on the road. Drove 2 hours to see my dad for a little bit, then over mom's to visit and have dinner, then back to my apartment.

Axle swap weekend. Found two axles on craigslist found out the guy was a fellow naxja member, So Thanks Big Al for the axles. Had a tough time swapping though started breaking everything when I took the old one out. U-bolts, Break line, 1 upper shock mount, E-brake tensioner bolt. So after a fewtrips to the local autoparts store, a few ounces of blood and sweat, and a weekend under the Jeep in my gravel driveway I finished it. Tired as hell today though.:thumbup:

Axle swap weekend. Found two axles on craigslist found out the guy was a fellow naxja member, So Thanks Big Al for the axles. Had a tough time swapping though started breaking everything when I took the old one out. U-bolts, Break line, 1 upper shock mount, E-brake tensioner bolt. So after a fewtrips to the local autoparts store, a few ounces of blood and sweat, and a weekend under the Jeep in my gravel driveway I finished it. Tired as hell today though.:thumbup:

nice, what axles did you find?

friday...doing some welding, set myself on fire
saturday...drove to memphis to visit my sister since my dad flew down
sunday...wakeboarding and getting sunburned

Replace my lower radiator hose and took delivery of the body from KPG416. Thanks again for hauling that down to me Kris. Build thread to follow shortly.
no problem, keep me updated, i'd like to see what you make of it. i'll be down either thursday or friday for those scraps if thats good for you, just let me know a time,
KP :patriot:

Started my axle swap... finally! :thumbup: Pix will come when I am done.:guitar:

How'd you manage to set yourself on fire? Do you look like Two-Face now?

doing some welding in my shop out back. i was in the groove, welding away with my little flux core lincoln weldpak. Kind of felt like my left leg was getting warmer...kept going...wanted to finish this section. Legs getting pretty darn hot now, finally stopped and looked down...and shrieked like a little girl. Half of my left pant leg was on fire! I was wearing my 'work on jeep' clothes, which are pretty muched soaked in oil and other flammable liquids...needless to say, when a hot piece of slag hit the bottom of my pants...WHOOSH. Spent the next minute hopping around trying to pat it out without tripping over anything (hmm...think its time to clean up the shop).

Just a little tip, if you are welding and start to get warm/hot...it means you're on fire... :firedevil

It's got 4-lo, Electronic LSD front and rear, and a Hemi. It will go. I dont want to off road it. I have the XJ for that.

4 Wheel magazine did a article on beefing up two Commanders to help with the Untimate Adventure trip on year. I liked the looks of the tan one. It looked pretty tough with some tires and lift.

AEV built an awesome one. A 2" lift is about $250. It will level it out also.

I forgot, but back in '05 they had them at SEMA. They had several nice ones built.

Back