• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Picked up some shock bushings yesterday...need to try and find some time to put those on before the weekend.

Started feeling like crap yesterday...so laying low as much as I can in an effort to get better before Uwharrie this weekend.

Thought I was going to get to take advantage of canceled class and sleep in this morning...until I got a call at 7:30 from a good friend saying his Mustang threw the belt on his way to work. Fortunately he was about 2 minutes away from my apartment so I didn't have to go far.

He got a ride to work from his Wife while I removed the strings of serpentine belt and got it back on the road. Just gotta go top off the coolant this afternoon when I get home from work and probably go pick him up.

Interesting that on the 4.6L Ford has the power brakes tied in with the power steering...so when the belt shreds like this morning, you lose your brakes too...

That's funny, I was riding behind a blazer with one on it and told the wife "That would make a good cheap tube door. Cut it to length, weld on some tabs for the hinges, and it already has the handle for a lock."

Drove through the aftermath of a shooting on the way to pick up my friend with the Mustang from work in downtown Charlotte this evening...and lost my voice from this stupid cold.

Got the Jeep ready for Uwharrie this weekend (figured out that the source of all the noise up front is the sway bar end links) and picked up some food for camping. Going to a party with the GF tonight and leaving for Uwharrie first thing in the morning :)

my poor little ranger hauled a 12ft enclosed uhaul full of furniture to my sisters new college pad in murfreesboro.... i got my lower links built as well and went to dinner with the fam.... im beat and its gettin close to bedtime

Watched a Ranger flop yesterday wheeling on some private land. Got the work truck loaded up, headed to Kansas first thing tomorrow morning. Installing a gym floor in a correction facility outside of Topeka.

Just got back from Uwharrie. Wheeled the Jeep some yesterday and spent some time swimming in the lake. Everybody was having a great time until we were all back at camp and got a call that one of our friends who stayed behind at the lake for a little while longer flipped his XJ on the dirt road coming back to camp. 14 people crammed into 3 vehicles and hauled down to where he was...strapped him up to the K10 we had with us and got him back to camp before the Sherrif arrived. That kinda put a damper on the camping/wheelin trip...so we decided to call it a early night, woke up this morning packed our crap and left. Got the rolled XJ on a flatbed headed back to Charlotte (thankfully he had AAA).

The important thing is the two guys in the XJ were ok minus a few bruises cuts and scrapes. The worst injury appears to be the passenger who maybe fractured a couple of fingers.

I couldn't wait for paint to dry (figure of speach). I've still got some sanding 'tween coats of paint (I should just go with flat black) so I stuck the cowl hood on to see what it looks like in place.
hood004.jpg

hood005.jpg

Got my lift installed. All I have left is to install the trac bar and figure out how to get the top bolts loose on the rear shocks.

wheeled my jeep and almost flopped it...

and wrote a ton of English papers! did i mention college sucks?!?

Finished my axle swap.
Gotta replace one of the brake lines...
then finish paint...:eeks1:

FINALLY tightened all the bolts up on the JCR front bumper, re-torqued all the suspension bolts and put the vacuum canister in the engine bay. I also gave her a bath.

went to jackson with no a/c (about a 4 hour trip) pulled a bunch of pretty large trees out of my granddad's yard with the waggy, came home, got the a/c fixed in my house, and sat around wishing i could finally drive my xj, instead of fixing one thing a week, driving it, then breaking two things.

Got my list finished up before the crawl this weekend.

Installed a new WJ power Steering pump.
Installed a new 3 row metal radiator.
Installed a new transmission cooler.
Installed new front calipers, rotors, and pads.
Flushed brake fluid.
Installed Lumina Z34 hood vents.
Installed my CO2 tank.
Installed my fire extinguisher.
Got my tires balanced so my teeth dont fall out on the interstate any more.
Fixed my airconditioner vents so I now have cold A/C.
Hooked up my CB antenna finally.

Im done except for a couple small items. Crawl, here I come.

~James

Back