• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Bought a "parts jeep" today kid put it on craigslist with no pictures except of the interior but said it ran great. I thought "awesome a rusted out xj with a motor for mine" what i got for 500 bucks was....

the most minty 89 XJ i've ever seen.. guess i shouldnt name it teal B!tch? lol

944250_10151423632897957_1385983714_n.jpg

3540_10151423632872957_1826801618_n.jpg

253582_10151423633212957_400213667_n.jpg

ignore the extension cord.. the PO wired in a "Sweet Sub"

Best part of all... zero rust... stuck a battery in it, aired up the tires, and drifted it around the neighborhood in the rain :greensmok

I'm jealous! That's a super nice Xj you got there...

Bought a "parts jeep" today kid put it on craigslist with no pictures except of the interior but said it ran great. I thought "awesome a rusted out xj with a motor for mine" what i got for 500 bucks was....

the most minty 89 XJ i've ever seen.. guess i shouldnt name it teal B!tch? lol

944250_10151423632897957_1385983714_n.jpg

3540_10151423632872957_1826801618_n.jpg

253582_10151423633212957_400213667_n.jpg

ignore the extension cord.. the PO wired in a "Sweet Sub"

Best part of all... zero rust... stuck a battery in it, aired up the tires, and drifted it around the neighborhood in the rain :greensmok

Very sweet find.

I did a tune up on the mother-in-laws 1998 Cherokee. I took out Champions and put the same P/N back in. New cap and rotor and plug wires too.

The old plugs were worn to .050 instead of the .035 they started at. The rotor button had a lot of wear and the outer contact was all buggered up where it was arcing. The cap has major corrosion too. Now the surfaces of the new parts and nice and clean with no wear. Here is hoping for more mpg's.

Oh yeah, Happy Mothers (In-Law) Day to her. That's my gift to her.

Well since I've been at work since 2:30 AM, not much. However I did get the header wrap on and cut off the way too long tailpipe during some downtime.

I did some autocross today. My buddy has my go pro but he has a video of him sliding sideways in his wrx. Also picked up 2 tires for the neon so I can run it next month.

Took the hard top off the Barbie Jeep. Now we just need some spring like weather to go riding in. We haven't seen hotter than 80 yet and most days are raining and in the 50's. This weather SUCKS!

Took the hard top off the Barbie Jeep. Now we just need some spring like weather to go riding in. We haven't seen hotter than 80 yet and most days are raining and in the 50's. This weather SUCKS!

Here its been warm during the week then dropping into the 50's every weekend. Looks like a warm one this week though.

Well put on a new steering box to replace the one that was puking fluid. What a PITA that was! Realized that even with the C-Rok steering box reinforcement plates, I need to add some other form of brace that connects to the other frame rail since there are signs that there is still a bunch of pressure on that part of the frame.

Also began to convert my track bar axle end bolt to a "big bolt" that I got from Andy at Iron Man 4x4 Fab. He sent me a new bushing sleeve and a half inch bolt and nut for $20. I live in an apartment complex so no available power out there so I am stuck with a battery powered drill. Got the hole on the front of the bracket drilled out but the drill died before I could get much done on the back hole. I also realized there is no way I am going to get a wrench up behind that bracket so I need to figure out what to do there. I am thinking I will just knock the old nut out of that little bracket and run to a muffler shop and pay a guy like $5 to tack the new nut onto it.

Well put on a new steering box to replace the one that was puking fluid. What a PITA that was! Realized that even with the C-Rok steering box reinforcement plates, I need to add some other form of brace that connects to the other frame rail since there are signs that there is still a bunch of pressure on that part of the frame.

Also began to convert my track bar axle end bolt to a "big bolt" that I got from Andy at Iron Man 4x4 Fab. He sent me a new bushing sleeve and a half inch bolt and nut for $20. I live in an apartment complex so no available power out there so I am stuck with a battery powered drill. Got the hole on the front of the bracket drilled out but the drill died before I could get much done on the back hole. I also realized there is no way I am going to get a wrench up behind that bracket so I need to figure out what to do there. I am thinking I will just knock the old nut out of that little bracket and run to a muffler shop and pay a guy like $5 to tack the new nut onto it.

I'd just weld a thin 1" long piece of flat stock to the new nut.

I HATE a thief! Had the car hauler stolen over the weekend.

I'd just weld a thin 1" long piece of flat stock to the new nut.

If I had my own garage with my welder I would do what I was thinking or go that route too if I had some flat stock laying around but I am at the mercy or doing what I can. I am a car salesman so my hours are awful and inconvenient otherwise I would just hit up Stump and ask what weekend he had time for me to come over to his house and help me knock this out. Not exactly liking my job but hey it was the best I could get for now.

That sucks. The one a drug all over NC?

Nick has the old one he took back with him and the white jeep. This was the newer Lawrimore trailer I got about 2 years ago.

Ah, dang. Stole from your place?

Makes me want to go buy 5 hardcore tongue locks.

Yea it was behind the building. Had a pin lock on the latch and a ball lock. So two locks. :flamemad:

Back