• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Have fun. Its not hard, just time consuming.

Did you completely remove the dash or could you get the HVAC unit out without pulling it all the way out of the Jeep? Do you have to completely remove the HVAC box or can you get the to the stuff without pulling it completely out of the Jeep?

Doug, rip that molding off, use one of those eraser wheels to get the adhesive off and paint it. I did this on my 94. I say paint the wheels black

My 94

0209131756.jpg

Finished product
0216131336.jpg

You and your pretty ass jeeps!

That's pretty funny, because this is a buddy of mine's DD:
482628_10151488398702679_1128610840_n.jpg

Only real difference is his is red...

I have a set of those rims on my 88 MJ with factory clear/paint. IMO, they look about equally as good blacked out.

edit: UNCC, I'm like two hours from there. Too bad you won't have your jeep, there's some pretty decent trails about midway between Albany and my place.

Really? Once find out where exactly the job is ill let you know. Would be nice to meet up with some NAXJA folk on my work travels...

And ill try to get an suv as my rental :D

Every rental car is a rally car, every rental SUV is a wheeler :eyes:

Yeah, I was out in Ballston Spa (a little north of Albany) a few weeks ago to help throw a new motor in a friend's rig, it only took me around 2.5 hours to get there. There's great trails in the Adams MA, Bennington VT, Sunderland MA, and Springfield MA area and that's just what I know of, there are plenty I haven't even run.

Hit hard on front lower control arm and pushed the frame connection back about an inch. I am looking for somebody that can fix this mess.
Still drives and I'll finish the new skid plate for the tranny this weeken. Got any Ideas on the frame?

I'm not afraid to wheel a Focus!

Gave the Yaris I had in Texas a couple months ago some custom rocker modifications :D

X2. Just take out the insurance.

Did you completely remove the dash or could you get the HVAC unit out without pulling it all the way out of the Jeep? Do you have to completely remove the HVAC box or can you get the to the stuff without pulling it completely out of the Jeep?

You don't need to pull the full dash. Unhook the steering column so it sits down on the driver's seat, pull the pax seat out completely, and then after stripping the dash, pull it back on the passenger side and wrestle it out. Helps to have a second set of hands. Helps also to have someone with small hands to get to the nut holding the dash that is behind the engine block.

You don't need to pull the full dash. Unhook the steering column so it sits down on the driver's seat, pull the pax seat out completely, and then after stripping the dash, pull it back on the passenger side and wrestle it out. Helps to have a second set of hands. Helps also to have someone with small hands to get to the nut holding the dash that is behind the engine block.

Nice, I'm starting on it this afternoon.

Every rental car is a rally car, every rental SUV is a wheeler :eyes:

Yeah, I was out in Ballston Spa (a little north of Albany) a few weeks ago to help throw a new motor in a friend's rig, it only took me around 2.5 hours to get there. There's great trails in the Adams MA, Bennington VT, Sunderland MA, and Springfield MA area and that's just what I know of, there are plenty I haven't even run.

How ironic...the job site is in Ballston Spa!

How ironic...the job site is in Ballston Spa!
You're kidding me. LOL

If you see a guy running around town in an OD YJ on like 31s/32s flip him off for me :firedevil

You're kidding me. LOL

If you see a guy running around town in an OD YJ on like 31s/32s flip him off for me :firedevil

Nope! On State Road 67 in Ballston Spa...lol.

Seems like a very small town, so i'm sure i'll probably see that YJ. He might be a little dumbfounded by a random guy in some little rental car flipping him off lol.

Back