• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Drew-up the Secondary side of my ISIS Body Harness wiring schematics now I can get an accurate count of connector and types for the electrical and control systems………..

^^ that is WAY nicer than mine. Casper was dead in a field and brought back to life in the last year, and I still have a ton of work to do. I like the look of being as low as yours, but it's my daily, and I don't wanna bottom out on bird shit, lol.

It had air-ride on it. I didn't drive it down the road that low.

^that I would probably be ok with, I just don't have the money for it. Mine will never be super nice, just a budget built hoodride. For now, it's dependable and handles well. I plan to build a nice stroker motor for it sometime, but not until I get the body work done and get the jeep finished.

^that I would probably be ok with, I just don't have the money for it. Mine will never be super nice, just a budget built hoodride. For now, it's dependable and handles well. I plan to build a nice stroker motor for it sometime, but not until I get the body work done and get the jeep finished.

The engine I had in it was a 1776cc. I believe the new owner put a 2110cc in it.

They're fun little cars.

That reminds me. I need to find a buyer for my Coca-Cola cooler that I had to go with the car.

What kind of cooler? I want a Jetta Diesel.

What kind of cooler? I want a Jetta Diesel.

That's the problem. I don't have any definite info on the thing. I can't find another one like it online. It's all steel, decent condition but not perfect.

I'd guess it's about 14" x 18" x 24".

If I'm not mistaken the person that bought this cooler for me paid close to 400 bucks for it.

I'm guessing it's 1940's era.

That's the problem. I don't have any definite info on the thing. I can't find another one like it online. It's all steel, decent condition but not perfect.

I'd guess it's about 14" x 18" x 24".

If I'm not mistaken the person that bought this cooler for me paid close to 400 bucks for it.

I'm guessing it's 1940's era.

Ouch! That is a lot of money for a cooler.

Went dirt road riding earlier. My favorite time killer.

93XJ-6381_zps6d883540.jpg

Well, I know what I'm doing this coming weekend...

April's Jeep needs an evaporator. Might as well do the heater core while the whole thing is out front half of the interior is out.

Who wants to come help?

Have fun. Its not hard, just time consuming. I need to get down to Glenn's and help him do the one on the kids Jeep. Been insanely busy with work and the house stuff lately.

Been in Detroit all week, and found out I'm leaving for Albany on Monday and coming back Friday at best, possibly Saturday.

I've been moved into my new house for almost a week now. Only been around barely a day to enjoy it.

i need honest opinions...you cant see it in the pics but the clear on the wheels is shot. Should i paint the wheels? If i did i think i would flat black them...but im on the fence and need opinions. the rubber molding is coming off and the two tone silver/gray is staying on the jeep

i want it to be a nice jeep.....the devil is in the details and i want the details to be nice

Last edited:

i need honest opinions...you cant see it in the pics but the clear on the wheels is shot. Should i paint the wheels? If i did i think i would flat black them...but im on the fence and need opinions. the rubber molding is coming off and the two tone silver/gray is staying on the jeep

i want it to be a nice jeep.....the devil is in the details and i want the details to be nice

I can't see the picture, but I can tell you that painting your wheels can be a durable and cost effective way to make things look good and last.

The devil is in the prep work. If you're going one color, a HF blaster and some media will give you an awesome surface. At the very least a good scrubbing with your favorite solvent and some elbow grease is enough. Get yourself a paint system designed for wheels and knock it out.

I would stay away from a flat because cleaning the dirt off of them would be like trying to get the brown color off your tires. All of the airplanes at work are painted with a flat tactical gray and what I wouldn't give for some glossy paint. Cleaning them is a serious pain.

Weekend, attended Wheelin 4 Hope at Oak Ridge Estate. Got back and worked on the jeep!

TeraFlex SYE and Tom Wood's shaft installed.

RuffStuff Diff cover ordered. Should be here next week.

Have fun. Its not hard, just time consuming. I need to get down to Glenn's and help him do the one on the kids Jeep. Been insanely busy with work and the house stuff lately.

Been in Detroit all week, and found out I'm leaving for Albany on Monday and coming back Friday at best, possibly Saturday.

I've been moved into my new house for almost a week now. Only been around barely a day to enjoy it.

Please! WE still have the carpet out. :scared:

That's pretty funny, because this is a buddy of mine's DD:
482628_10151488398702679_1128610840_n.jpg

Only real difference is his is red...

I have a set of those rims on my 88 MJ with factory clear/paint. IMO, they look about equally as good blacked out.

edit: UNCC, I'm like two hours from there. Too bad you won't have your jeep, there's some pretty decent trails about midway between Albany and my place.

Doug, rip that molding off, use one of those eraser wheels to get the adhesive off and paint it. I did this on my 94. I say paint the wheels black

My 94

0209131756.jpg

Finished product
0216131336.jpg

Back