• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

ordered all the doorlocks and ignition cylinder to rekey the 89 today....one of the door locks was chewed up and the ignition cylinder is way wore out (will turn without a key). cost me just over 30 bucks for both door cylinders and ignition cylinders. having a fresh set of keys will be nice...going out to your car and figuring out your 20 something year old key lost its ability to start it sucks, ask me how i know someday

I used to have a Cavalier who's key was so worn down that once I used it to turn on the car I could slide it out of the iginition cylinder and put it back in my pocket!

ordered all the doorlocks and ignition cylinder to rekey the 89 today....one of the door locks was chewed up and the ignition cylinder is way wore out (will turn without a key). cost me just over 30 bucks for both door cylinders and ignition cylinders. having a fresh set of keys will be nice...going out to your car and figuring out your 20 something year old key lost its ability to start it sucks, ask me how i know someday

Where'd you get the locks from???

Where'd you get the locks from???

rockauto...the door kit is under body/exterior and the ignition cylinder is hidden in the ignition category

the doorlock kit comes with 2 cylinders and keys and the ignition cylinder was only 8.99 and comes with keys as well....if i wanted to spend the extra scratch i could have a locksmith match the door cylinders with the ignition cylinder and have only 1 key for another 25-50 bucks. im going to get the hatch cylinder matched to the door keys, apparently you can pull the cylinder and adjust the tumblers to match

I used to have a Cavalier who's key was so worn down that once I used it to turn on the car I could slide it out of the iginition cylinder and put it back in my pocket!

sam's old 99 pontiac required you to put the key in and pull it back out a fraction of a mm to get it to turn.... when we first got together i took it to the gas station to get milk, got stuck there for 20 minutes trying to turn the key. never took her more than 1 try.

i had an 87 that i got in to drive to school back when i was 17....key wouldnt turn so i had to jam a screwdriver in it so i wouldnt be late

Last edited:
rockauto...the door kit is under body/exterior and the ignition cylinder is hidden in the ignition category

the doorlock kit comes with 2 cylinders and keys and the ignition cylinder was only 8.99 and comes with keys as well....if i wanted to spend the extra scratch i could have a locksmith match the door cylinders with the ignition cylinder and have only 1 key for another 25-50 bucks. im going to get the hatch cylinder matched to the door keys, apparently you can pull the cylinder and adjust the tumblers to match

At lowe's they did the house locks for 5 bucks a piece.

If it's just the ignition cylinder, it's worth the cash. I don't think you'd have a ton of money in it.

When I go for a quick rally raiding run on a local dirt road the keys often fall out of the MJ all by themselves... first time that happened I didn't notice till I got back home and went to take them out of the ignition. They had ended up on the passenger floorboard.

I got you all beat. My old MJ didn't even need the key to start... Just turn the cylinder.

had a 89 xj the same way unless I locked the switch (5 spd)
i loved it like that

My 99 doesn't need a key to start either. It has a cool little remote that does it for me :)

Just a few pics of the finished bumper. Im pulling out for Country Fried Weekend in the morning. Wife is driving the red Jeep, and Im taking the Teal B*tch with the camper in tow.

My little daily driver jeep is growing up!

IMG_20130116_161619.jpg

Fresh coat of bedliner also...

IMG_20130116_161632.jpg

IMG_20130116_161655.jpg

IMG_20130116_161712.jpg

Nice! Now I HAVE to drive the red Jeep.

I put the front of the suspension back together in the pouring down rain last night.

Today I have see about lining up the front and moving to a different hole in the shackle and I think she'll be ready to make the trip to Georgia.

I sure hope this weather clears up.

Friday through Sunday is gonna be PICTURE perfect weather. Glad you guys are coming down Andy.

Sweet, I like nice weather.

I have to figure out a way to bring enough stuff to keep the kiddo's occupied. I'm counting on there being more kids there in their age group. Little ones keep them pretty happy and occupied as well. I think it'll be a blast. Can't wait.

Also, I need to build a rack for the roof of my pup. Not enough roof for stuff.

1 more day.

Have fun holding down the fort till we get there.

Ah, almost forgot. I know we'll have the big fire going but is there anything against building a small fire next to my camper for when I'm feeling anti-social?

Back