• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Find a way to always park it on a hill until you can replace the flywheel. Problem solved.

Or do what a friend of mine did for years and simply crank the engine over by hand till the bad section of the flywheel is just past the starter, then start it up. He wired up a hand trigger for the starter solenoid that he kept under the hood to make that a little easier.

I drove to Danville VA yesterday to pick up a ZJ skid plate($25) for my moms 2000XJ Classic. It fit like a glove. I was even able to reattach the factory heat shield without issue. I then pulled out the headliner and slung foam everywhere prepping it for some new material.

All in all a productive weekend.

Find a way to always park it on a hill until you can replace the flywheel. Problem solved.

Or do what a friend of mine did for years and simply crank the engine over by hand till the bad section of the flywheel is just past the starter, then start it up. He wired up a hand trigger for the starter solenoid that he kept under the hood to make that a little easier.

Haha unfortunately I did that to get from the boat ramp to the beach, and that was all she had. Thanks to the darned internal slave I am pretty quick at dropping this transmission, I just hate the drivetrain jenga game without a proper trans jack.

got alot of research done this weekend
ordering a set of 42x16 r17 pitbull rockers
14" ORI struts
jana 76 install kit
2 sets of dana 70 gears
ordering all this tomorrow my credit card will be a lil warm to the touch im thinking
around 4k worth
damn jeep she will be sexy though

Haha unfortunately I did that to get from the boat ramp to the beach, and that was all she had. Thanks to the darned internal slave I am pretty quick at dropping this transmission, I just hate the drivetrain jenga game without a proper trans jack.

i raised a t5 and a dana 300 bolted together through the floor access panel of a cj7

no drivetrain can best me now..... :D

Got my new rear bumper/swingout finished up for the daily driver. Paint is currently drying, installed pictures to come tomorrow.

The pics below are before the grinding/smoothing, and before the pieces were added under the tail lights, but you get the gist of it.

IMG_20130113_130059.jpg

Sweet work as usual. excuse me while I wipe the drool off the corner of my mouth.....:cheers:

Had a keg... threw a party... had about 15 friends come by. had a fire! Good times!

Cool. Glad you had a decent turn out.

You FB post made it sound like no one came.

I almost cried and drove straight to Hartsville to give you a hug.

Well it was only a 5 gallon keg and it was still alive Sunday.

Lol. apparently I only post depressing shit on facebook, I go back and look, and its like once a week, but its the only thing people notice.

"Eric I saw your post last wednesday, you seemed to have a bad day, whats wrong"

Was just a bad day? Shit happens.

Going to the bank about a loan friday, for an... RV.

You're welcome!

I was successful at knocking out the snapped off upper shock bolts in about 30 seconds. Installed some nice 5/16 bolts and she's ready to rock.

ordered all the doorlocks and ignition cylinder to rekey the 89 today....one of the door locks was chewed up and the ignition cylinder is way wore out (will turn without a key). cost me just over 30 bucks for both door cylinders and ignition cylinders. having a fresh set of keys will be nice...going out to your car and figuring out your 20 something year old key lost its ability to start it sucks, ask me how i know someday

Back