• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I'm jealous! I'd love to go, Guess i'll just have to wait til July to see you fools! :D

We're getting around to updating things like this. There have been a few more pressing issues to take care of over the last month.

Supposed to get 2-4" of snow tonight. Doubt it'll happen but even if it does the ground is way to warm for it to stick. Should make for some black ice tomorrow though. Right now it's pouring rain and gridlock on nearly every street and highway in town. Made the drive from work to meeting some friends for dinner very interesting.

I picked a good day to drive the Jeep.

We ended up with 6+ inches of wet snow with about a half inch of solid ice underneath it. Real damn fun here in the steep mountains. My Commander was sure footed as usual. I drove by many SUV/CUV's in the ditch and Even passed an old Rover up a hill when he spun out and had to make another run. I stopped beside him, asked if he needed a strap, he said no and I pulled out with ease much to his dismay LOL!

I'm glad we got next to nothing. I started running errands early and had no lines to wait in as people were too afraid to step out f the house.

It was icy this morning... I drove the Camry to work.... Haters gonna hate :D

Then I rode the shop atv around in the snow for 20 minutes

It was icy this morning... I drove the Camry to work.... Haters gonna hate :D

Then I rode the shop atv around in the snow for 20 minutes

It was icy here too. My normal 15-20 minute commute took over an hour. The last road I'm on before I turn into work got shut down twice while I was on it for wrecks. First wreck they had us sit in the road for 20 minutes before they moved it out of the way. The second was a block away from work and they re-routed us. Had to go 20 minutes around the block to get to work that was a 1/4 mile away from where I was.

And I drove the Acura today. Started to take the Jeep but thought...I don't want somebody hitting it and totalling it. Got too much done to it that I don't want it written off. Wouldn't be near as upset if the Acura got demolished...

We got a very light dusting yesterday afternoon. Nothing special. However there was quite a bit of black ice this morning. Even had to "take the jacked up & drop her down in 4x4" after stopping on an icey hill. After stopping I went to take off again & the truck just sat there spinning the back tires lol.

On a side note, I finished up a 2010 4 door JK Rubicon today & took it wheeling at a local spot down the road. The owner ran it off in a ditch avoiding a deer & broke the long side front axle tube. I tried to sell him a Pro Rock 44 but he backed out on that & had me sleeve & gusset a stock housing for him instead. However, the long side axles shaft was bent & the front drive shaft also got slightly damaged, so I did manage to talk him into a set of RCV axles & a Tom Woods front drive shaft. I just needed to make sure the 4x4, sway bar disco, & lockers all still worked. Lol. :wave:

we had several inches of snow here... so i took the XJ to work... got covered in salt so i washed it in our charter bus wash bay :p

its about the only time i've thought "man my jeep looks tiny"

the next flip flop fab three link will be hitting the trails soon...
64BD745B-36EC-4E3B-ADFA-2D02A833F7E8-754-0000011F21EC5CB4.jpg

FA0AB0F3-43D5-4B8A-9E87-B92F8259C69E-754-0000011F043E8D79.jpg

F84F0A50-82D6-4642-8AA8-1641F310A9F8-754-0000011EC8145623.jpg

Back