• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Had some help from Dougie-Doug-Doug changing out the CPS on my wife's '00 XJ in the parking lot of Auto-Zone. That was fun!!

omg. Did that on my driveway not long ago... was not fun. Would not want to do that in the parking lot.

Dropped the motor in my white XJ.
Now to finish up the smalls (wiring, accessories) and fire in the hole......

photo(117).jpg

Flew up to Michigan on Thursday to visit Cobbler Chris and his new academic home of Oakland University in Rochester Hills, outside of Detroit. Ate good food, drank good beer, watched the scenery of a college town. Went to the Chrysler Museum at their home office headquarters, that was amazing! The AEV V8 JK was parked outside. The first cars you saw inside were one of a kind concepts on a multistory rotating column. The first car on display was the original 1924 concept car that Chrysler ever built. Yea, amazing place. Will post some pictures Chris took later.

12 hour drive home today!!! Chris got us out of Michigan, I knocked out Ohio and WVA, Chris finished up Virginia and home in NC. I feel bad for him to do the drive back solo after winter break.

Got to catch up with my sister after I got home tonight and meet her new cat. Hopefully my Jeep isn't too upset after abandoning it for this long in the driveway, maybe I will give it some attention tomorrow given good weather.

Another 7 day work week for me. Spent 5 days in the office, then drove all afternoon and evening on Saturday. Rolled into bed about 1:30 Sunday morning and was back at the car service at 8 am Sunday for an 8 hour on call shift.

Sunday was dead....apparently no one charters limos for church, so I sat and watched TV in the drivers lounge. Man, there is NOTHING on on a Sunday morning!!

Now two days in the office this week, then 3 days in Chicago before Christmas break.

Did some wheeling... Blew out the rear shocks in the comanche, they were too big, and need bumpstops set, but time was short so I lived with it. Definately need to add a traction bar too.

Just playing on the top of daniel...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=456419661071896&set=p.456419661071896&type=2&theater

Dragging a WJ up Dutch John, as I said, I really, really, need a traction bar, or to start putting sandbags in the bed for wheeling trips Lol.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4111638545039&set=vb.1105402366&type=2&theater

Coming up on Kodak...
382140_4110248110279_1425907259_n.jpg

Have a ton more pictures from the trip if anyone is interested.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.390501591032846&type=1

Last edited:
Spent Thursday and Friday tending to a sick teen. Got sick Friday and been taking care of him and me all weekend.

Last edited:
Yeah I need to rig up some disconnect cables. Seeing as how I sheared off one of my brand new JKS disconnects a couple of weeks ago. I really liked those things too....

Blew a tire in the DD coming home tonight. There's $130ish I wasn't planning on spending this month. Hope I can find a matching tire quickly...

Getting back from deployment, time to get some Wild Turkey and talk to shorty to get some Jeep parts.

Yeah I need to rig up some disconnect cables. Seeing as how I sheared off one of my brand new JKS disconnects a couple of weeks ago. I really liked those things too....

Blew a tire in the DD coming home tonight. There's $130ish I wasn't planning on spending this month. Hope I can find a matching tire quickly...

Tim, Hit up a local discount tire. They sell used tires and can pull them from a stockpile in Texas. I got a 33x12.50 BFG AT with about 95% tread when they messed up my tires the first time. I got mine for free, but I think they are something like $50 and they will install them and balance them and all that good stuff. Check it out.

Tim, Hit up a local discount tire. They sell used tires and can pull them from a stockpile in Texas. I got a 33x12.50 BFG AT with about 95% tread when they messed up my tires the first time. I got mine for free, but I think they are something like $50 and they will install them and balance them and all that good stuff. Check it out.

Yeah got pretty lucky. Buddy of mine that works at one in Concord set one aside for me. Just so happens they had an SI come in this morning for new tires that had the same tread pattern and size as what i'm running (I have SI wheels on mine). Took it up after work and got it mounted and balanced. Just finished putting it on the car and taking it for a test spin.

Back