• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Really good in some aspects, but I don't think it fits my ergonomics very well, unfortunately. The seats in the Mazda were way more comfy.

Is that a nice way to say it doesn't fit your fat a$$ as well????:roflmao::roflmao:

61288_10151548559973356_822785161_n.jpg

Finishing up the final touches on the manche... just need some pinion shims and some spicer 760s to throw my chromos in, then just a few odds and ends and shes good to go.

Will have both jeeps at Uwharrie this weekend, not to mention my entire crew. So if any of yall are planning to come, shoot me a call or text, well be there friday - sunday camping at the Stables (about a 1/4 mile from the outpost, across the road)

336 430 7842

Eric

Those poor cut up bed sides and fenders lol

Really good in some aspects, but I don't think it fits my ergonomics very well, unfortunately. The seats in the Mazda were way more comfy.
From what I've heard from my subaru fanboy friends, head gaskets and timing belts are absolutely critical on those engines. Make sure the belt gets changed on time and do occasional oil tests / watch for signs of gasket leakage and you should be OK.

Some years also had issues with pistons melting due to a crummy tune causing excess lean operation while switching from open to closed loop, and other years have issues with the turbos for a variety of reasons, but I don't really recall the specific years/models/engines each of those problems applies to. Just something to research and keep an eye on.

From what I've heard from my subaru fanboy friends, head gaskets and timing belts are absolutely critical on those engines. Make sure the belt gets changed on time and do occasional oil tests / watch for signs of gasket leakage and you should be OK.

Some years also had issues with pistons melting due to a crummy tune causing excess lean operation while switching from open to closed loop, and other years have issues with the turbos for a variety of reasons, but I don't really recall the specific years/models/engines each of those problems applies to. Just something to research and keep an eye on.

The headgasket issues were pretty well eliminated after the early 2000's but they still happen, its one of those nature of the beast type of deals. I agree 1679977362% about the timing belt, i'd get it changed before what the manual calls for even. They aren't too bad other than that. I've seen so many with 200k+ miles still running and driving like new, my old one was a turd but I will have another eventually.

They take a side impact pretty well, too. (Click pic for more)

Ouch! I like the hatch backs too...

For being a 4 banger with an automatic, the transmission matched the engine very well. Wasn't sluggish like most 4 banger auto's are.

I had an 02 Mazda Protege Hatch (5 speed). First year they came out in that style, that was one of the funnest cars I have ever owned.

I test drove a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 about a year ago. It was STUPID quick.

I had an 02 Mazda Protege Hatch (5 speed). First year they came out in that style, that was one of the funnest cars I have ever owned.

I test drove a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 about a year ago. It was STUPID quick.

I wish the one I had was a Mazdaspeed. Those things are insanely fast for what they are.

Got a lot of stuff done that I wasn't able to do late last week due to traveling for work. Visited with an old friend that was passing through down yesterday, and began Christmas shopping today. I despise malls this time of year (or almost any time of year for that matter)...

Going through field install pictures and gathering up my receipts to turn in at work tomorrow.

Had some help from Dougie-Doug-Doug changing out the CPS on my wife's '00 XJ in the parking lot of Auto-Zone. That was fun!!

Thanks Doug!!!!!!

Back