• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

TCU matters very little for swapped AW4s unless you are putting a 97 or earlier AW4 into a 98 or later jeep. Other than that, it's all problems you can solve by playing jeep legos for a little while.

Why 21 spline? Already have a transfer case in mind?

were loosely in the market for a 21 spline aw4 and accompanying harness and tcu...i think boss wants an auto

got one here, but the trip to get it will probably price it out of your market---

free to a good home, but gas or shipping is up to you:)

TCU matters very little for swapped AW4s unless you are putting a 97 or earlier AW4 into a 98 or later jeep. Other than that, it's all problems you can solve by playing jeep legos for a little while.

Why 21 spline? Already have a transfer case in mind?

its going into a 90...already has an sye'd tcase

Officially indoctrinated the jet ski to the family.

vyzyma3e.jpg

reda4ude.jpg

Can't wait to finish replacing the purple. New black and white seat cover and black Hydro-Turf are planned.

what seat cover you going with?

i dont think jettrim makes one for that ski but blacktip should have one for your model

makes for a nice afternoon with a staplegun, let me know when you need used parts i have piles from old 'ventures at work

i finished building a yamaha 1200 today, im going to have the water go fast bug again next summer for sure

Officially indoctrinated the jet ski to the family.

vyzyma3e.jpg

reda4ude.jpg

Can't wait to finish replacing the purple. New black and white seat cover and black Hydro-Turf are planned.

Glad to see it getting some work, rather than sitting in my garage collecting dust. We'll have to get you out to High Rock this summer for some lake shenanagins.

i dont think jettrim makes one for that ski but blacktip should have one for your model

makes for a nice afternoon with a staplegun, let me know when you need used parts i have piles from old 'ventures at work

i finished building a yamaha 1200 today, im going to have the water go fast bug again next summer for sure

http://www.shopsbt.com/mm5/merchant...de=s&Category_Code=yamaha-jet-ski-seat-covers

Yup black-tip has one. I will either go with that or enlist the help of my grandmother who is an amazing seamstress to make our own.

I might have to see about some small plastic parts I noticed were cracked today. I saw your picture on Facebook, I'm kinda wishing I had hit the water today because the weather looks like its going to turn cold again.

http://www.shopsbt.com/mm5/merchant...de=s&Category_Code=yamaha-jet-ski-seat-covers

Yup black-tip has one. I will either go with that or enlist the help of my grandmother who is an amazing seamstress to make our own.

I might have to see about some small plastic parts I noticed were cracked today. I saw your picture on Facebook, I'm kinda wishing I had hit the water today because the weather looks like its going to turn cold again.

I have to ride again tomorrow anyhow....I'm dropping an sbt reman in a yamaha suv and should have it going by 2 or 3 so ill be riding it rain or shine

I have to ride again tomorrow anyhow....I'm dropping an sbt reman in a yamaha suv and should have it going by 2 or 3 so ill be riding it rain or shine

90% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow here, but I will be working indoors all day anyways. No rain on Friday, 50*F. I think I will be on the water when the world ends.

So, you guys are into wave runners...

I have one that needs work. How about you guys come fix it for me?

I don't even remember what it is at the moment. 06 Yamaha GPX something? Maybe. I'll have to look.

One cylinder has no compression. :(

So, you guys are into wave runners...

I have one that needs work. How about you guys come fix it for me?

I don't even remember what it is at the moment. 06 Yamaha GPX something? Maybe. I'll have to look.

One cylinder has no compression. :(

is it a gpr? you should post a few pics....

i can help fo sho...i pay the bills fixing these things ;)

Not sure. Ill have to look when I get home. Its always been finicky about running. Took it to some guy... said he couldn't fix it. Then when it came back it had no compression... I think he filled it with water and blew the head gasket out.

Also, im thinking its a SeaDoo GTX. Its a 2 seater. I used to have an old style XP. I miss it. That thing was fast. 110cc?

Not sure. Ill have to look when I get home. Its always been finicky about running. Took it to some guy... said he couldn't fix it. Then when it came back it had no compression... I think he filled it with water and blew the head gasket out.

Also, im thinking its a SeaDoo GTX. Its a 2 seater. I used to have an old style XP. I miss it. That thing was fast. 110cc?

06 gtx means it has a rotax four tec... GREAT ski i love the four tec motors

Ill give ya $400 bucks for it.

Lol.

is it a gpr? you should post a few pics....

i can help fo sho...i pay the bills fixing these things ;)

If it's a GPR... I'll give ya $401 for it :)

Hopefully "some guy" didn't cause the damage by improper use of the garden hose. Doug can correct me if I'm wrong, but it that's the case the motor is pretty well screwed thanks to everything rusting since he flooded it.

I remember when the 1997 XP came out, the styling was so radically different and that bright yellow paint... that was THE ski to have on the lake. I still take notice when I see one for that reason.

Last edited:
Hopefully "some guy" didn't cause the damage by improper use of the garden hose. Doug can correct me if I'm wrong, but it that's the case the motor is pretty well screwed thanks to everything rusting since he flooded it.

four tec is a closed loop cooling system....it uses the ride plate as the heat exchanger and like a car has an overflow bottle under the seat. so no water hose ;)

its great for boats run in saltwater, no grimy gunk going through the motor all the time

it could possibly be the head gasket, it may have let the timing chain go too (interference motor so timing chain=valves bent too). the problem with the 4 tec motors is that theres a world of special tools you need to work on them.

Back