• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To SoCal Chapter BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS - I do not think it is realistic or fair to demand retroactive reports going back to 2007.

Thanks for the info on the history.

Yes, I agree... I would only request to see them if they had been completed in the past.

Seeing as they have not ever been done as fas as I can tell, I don't understand why this is such an issue now.

Should the report get done? Of course! But if its today, or a month from now, I dont think its going to radicaly alter the outcome of anyones life. Well, unless you have nothing better to do than nitpick others.

^^ This!

Hasn't been one for years... yet NAXJA rolls on.

..... if you say no that its a chapter issue that needs to be public then respect all black and green letters and never pull the red letter card again. Pick one.

Sorry but it doesnt work that way. Black lettered FORUM USERS have no say in how the chapter should be run. They want their opinion to matter? Pony up $35 and make a difference, if not stay on the side line. "Harsh" reality.

and stop all the red/black letter "ive been here for so long" nonsense.
what is this, a teachers union? worried about your tenure?
You're right: there really should be much issue regarding how long... but there is an issue with red vs black. This is a club issue which affects members. Black name has no voice in this matter as they're just a forum user and not a member.....

Think about how that and this thread looks to potential member's. seriously try to objectively think about the image that's being conveyed. would a person want to pay $ to join a club just to be told that what they think doesn't matter because they haven't been around enough? or would they want to spend $ on watching this socal episode of jerry springer?
THread was fine. A member (me) has made a request and written an open letter to the BOD and the treasurer. If you have a problem with that... fine. If I had to do it again, I'd do the same thing. THere is nothing to hide.

if being a member is so important and this is an issue it should be handled in the members area. if you say no that its a chapter issue that needs to be public then respect all black and green letters and never pull the red letter card again. Pick one.
Chapter area for chapter members to discuss chapter business.... This is the appropriate forum. We don't have a "members only chapter area" as we welcome ALL to our meetings. It's a matter of respect IMHO that guests to a meeting (black names) do not partake in the discussion of member business....

Oh yeah, and you want to talk about scaring off people, then lets talk about not being able to provide financials in 5 months... if I"m paying $ to an org, and buying stuff from them, I'd expect them to be able to show numbers...

Sorry but it doesnt work that way. Black lettered FORUM USERS have no say in how the chapter should be run. They want their opinion to matter? Pony up $35 and make a difference, if not stay on the side line. "Harsh" reality.

I should have seen this before, what was i thinking.Hey any of you black letter guys want to get in on this just pony up and say so_OH wait you don't have to, this isn't in the members only area.So say what you want here. We can't say anything at you for it cause this is done in a OPEN thread.:doh:

Good luck and god bless

pony up $35 to be told you havent been around long enough for your opinion to matter you mean :):wave:

I should have seen this before, what was i thinking.Hey any of you black letter guys want to get in on this just pony up and say so_OH wait you don't have to, this isn't in the members only area.So say what you want here. We can't say anything at you for it cause this is done in a OPEN thread.:doh:

Good luck and god bless

I had a real hard time understanding this but here is my response, I hope YOU get it.

Black lettered FORUM USERS can say whatever they want, youre correct, its an open forum, however; when their suggestions are ignored they shouldn't complain because what they say means 0 when it comes to chapter decision making.

pony up $35 to be told you havent been around long enough for your opinion to matter you mean :):wave:

That's not true and if it is it should not be tolerated. If you joined years ago or you joined yesterday, you have the right to give your 2 cents and make a difference when it comes time to elect a new BOD. That simple.

There is a difference between opinion and whats written in the bylaws. If a paid members opinion is "who cares about the financial report" than yes I would tell you you're wrong too because it clearly states that its a responsibility that needs to be done.

That's not true and if it is it should not be tolerated. If you joined years ago or you joined yesterday, you have the right to give your 2 cents and make a difference when it comes time to elect a new BOD. That simple.

wish everyone shared your thoughts on that.

I am going to lock this thread.

I have spoken with Carol, she is dealing with the planning and hosting of the funeral for an immediate family member and assuming the legal and fiscal responsibilities of caring for an aging parent.

We, the Chapter, should give her the courtesy and respect to deal with these very personal family issues.

The Treasurer’s Report will be dealt with later next week

We, the SoCal Chapter Board of Directors, have read and taken the issues presented here to heart and will work to improve on said issues.

To me, everyone’s opinion is valuable, paid member, forum supporter or registered user. Thank you to those who have committed the funds to support NAXJA. Thank you to those who have stepped up and volunteered time and money to improve the operation of the Chapter.

Go out and get away from the keyboard this weekend. The Adopt A Trail work day could use some more participants on Sunday. Wrench on your Jeep to get it ready for the Miller/Lockwood run on the 25th. Help a fellow member with their rig. Go play with your kids, take your wife or girlfriend on a date.

I am going to sticky this thread so it doesn’t drop down out of sight.

It will be reopened next week with a posting of a Treasurer’s Report.

Please note for all red-letter members subscribed to this thread is is now being moved to the SoCal Chapter Member Business forum where a treasurers report will be posted soon.

As club-business non red-letter NAXJA members will not have access to these reports.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back