• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To SoCal Chapter BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i take it you are running for the seat/chair when it's time right? I'll make sure i vote for you.

Thank you for your help in this matter and running for this job on here.

While not a fully fleshed out reports there status updates have been requested by the BOD on several occasions. While it would be possible to embezzle some the amounts would be very small before others notice it. I keep a pretty close eye on chapter-funds (while I hold no official duties as a prior chapter president I have access to the BOD forum, lately I have been taking an active role in assisting the chapter BOD.)

Not to derail this thread, but why even have elected positions, if the workload is passed off to other members?

Not to derail this thread, but why even have elected positions, if the workload is passed off to other members?

There is nothing wrong with delegating though I think there should be a clear accountability to the members as to who is fulfilling what duties and executing the tasks.

While not a fully fleshed out reports there status updates have been requested by the BOD on several occasions. While it would be possible to embezzle some the amounts would be very small before others notice it. I keep a pretty close eye on chapter-funds (while I hold no official duties as a prior chapter president I have access to the BOD forum, lately I have been taking an active role in assisting the chapter BOD.)

When was the last time it was requested?

lol

stuff....

The closest I recall with National getting into local financials was back in the days where the chapters were required to tithe 10% to national, at the time I was not in the local BOD forum, this was during your terms. That project never really got off the ground, many chapters fought the idea of giving money back to national tooth and nail.

Also what happened to those trail spill kits? Those are chapter assets whose existence I was not aware of. As semi-official event coordinator I am in possession of the PETT toilet.

I don't quite get where you inferred that from my post? Care to clarify a bit?

When was the last time it was requested?

Probably about a few weeks prior to SoCal Fest 2013.

I don't have current numbers but I'd be willing to bet that we're probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500 - $2,000 in the bank now, possibly more.

Probably about a few weeks prior to SoCal Fest 2013.

I don't have current numbers but I'd be willing to bet that we're probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500 - $2,000 in the bank now, possibly more.

Probably? If there was something available why wasn't it provided in response to Cracker's request from January 18th 2013?

Also do we still have a bank account????

How many "goods" for sale do we have? What's their worth? How much we paid for them?

Yes probably.

Don't grill me on this shit, this isn't my job.

G, you kinda stepped in this... I don't mean to grill you but you started posting and making it sound like you're involved and have the info.

So I really would like to get info and would like to see a current BOD member address it.

Our chapt pres has been pretty much MIA for the entire term, leaving others to pick up the slack. We all know who made SCF a reality this year. Perhaps if things had not just been dropped in the lap of folks last minute, there would be more time available for this report.

I can only speak for myself here, but I feel making our event a success is more important to the health of the chapter, than this report.
Isnt that what this club is about? Having fun? Wheeling? Making new friends at events?

Should the report get done? Of course! But if its today, or a month from now, I dont think its going to radicaly alter the outcome of anyones life. Well, unless you have nothing better to do than nitpick others.

Isn't there a protocol that should be followed on where to handle those issues?
Why isn't this handled in the SoCal Chapter BOD forum?
Why is there a SoCal Chapter BOD forum?

G, you kinda stepped in this... I don't mean to grill you but you started posting and making it sound like you're involved and have the info.

So I really would like to get info and would like to see a current BOD member address it.

I said that off-the-cuff where we stand posts have been made. You asked me for a full asset report.

To make it clear to all I am not a BOD member, I have not been for several years.

Only chapter BOD, previous chapter presidents and select non officer types who handle tasks for the chapter have access to that forum.

Because that wouldn't stir things up.The user need to know whats going on too.Whats wrong with you.Membership is for posting and thats it, oh wait we got chat too.
I donate all the time out here to keep trails and other stuff like search and rescue.So don't tell me that

Yes there is. Chapter Forum is where Chapter business is conducted where members can bring up Chapter Related issues/concerns.

Consider the chapter forum the same as the members forum. Members bring up issues to the National BOD in the members forum and the National BOD discusses it. The Chapter members bring up chapter related issues in the Chapter Forums and the Chapter BOD discusses it on their own privately.

Why isn't this handled in the SoCal Chapter BOD forum??

It most likely is being discussed behind the scenes now that it has been brought up in the forum.

It is an area for planning, discussion of chapter topics, user issues, etc. where BOD members can talk privately and hash out topics and decisions. It provides records of chapter business discussions for future use and reference. Before the SoCal BOD forum, there were phone calls and e-mails which were hard to recall. Decisions, changes, and what ever else is decided or discussed is usually then relayed back to the users.

Why isn't this handled in the Socal chapter BOD forum?:doh:
agreed

asking carol to step down over this is a mistake. even with the current issue, she is still one of the most active and most helpful members here.
agreed Carol is one of the nicest people here and she is more than willing to talk to and help anyone, new or thats been around.

Bwahahaha. In the last couple years carol has done much more than many members of this club. What have you done? What has cracker done?
chase away potential members?

whole heartedly agree. for alot of people who are so worried about "image" this just looks.....well..... bad.....

Because that wouldn't stir things up.
^ HAHAHAHAAHA!

and stop all the red/black letter "ive been here for so long" nonsense.
what is this, a teachers union? worried about your tenure?

Think about how that and this thread looks to potential member's. seriously try to objectively think about the image that's being conveyed. would a person want to pay $ to join a club just to be told that what they think doesn't matter because they haven't been around enough? or would they want to spend $ on watching this socal episode of jerry springer?

if being a member is so important and this is an issue it should be handled in the members area. if you say no that its a chapter issue that needs to be public then respect all black and green letters and never pull the red letter card again. Pick one.

some great points of view in here regardless if i agree with all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back