• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To SoCal Chapter BOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
While the treasurer's report thread has been somewhat amusing it has also been very disappointing. Can the SoCal BOD (treasurer especially)
1. Commit to a date by which the Treasurer's Report gets produced and provide (if need be) milestones that need to be achieved to produce that report and account for reaching those milestones as they are met.
2. Explain why it is nearly 5 months (first note I saw regarding this being an issue was January 18th) and it hasn't been done yet?

As the chapter has somewhat separate finances from the main organization as a paying chapter member I would like to know how much money the chapter has, where has the money been spent, etc.

As a member, I would also like to state that if no satisfactory progress (specifically report) is reached by the end of the month, I will submit a request to recall the SoCal chapter Treasurer. IMHO the position does require for a person to be on the ball when it comes to $. While I am not accusing of misappropriation of funds, I am concerned and disappointed that there is no information about them. How can the chapter plan/budget donations, events and expenses if that information is not available?

explanation-i-demand-one.png

While the treasurer's report thread has been somewhat amusing it has also been very disappointing. Can the SoCal BOD (treasurer especially)
1. Commit to a date by which the Treasurer's Report gets produced and provide (if need be) milestones that need to be achieved to produce that report and account for reaching those milestones as they are met.
2. Explain why it is nearly 5 months (first note I saw regarding this being an issue was January 18th) and it hasn't been done yet?

As the chapter has somewhat separate finances from the main organization as a paying chapter member I would like to know how much money the chapter has, where has the money been spent, etc.

As a member, I would also like to state that if no satisfactory progress (specifically report) is reached by the end of the month, I will submit a request to recall the SoCal chapter Treasurer. IMHO the position does require for a person to be on the ball when it comes to $. While I am not accusing of misappropriation of funds, I am concerned and disappointed that there is no information about them. How can the chapter plan/budget donations, events and expenses if that information is not available?

Thank you Remi

Wow....you are being too kind by asking by the end of the month. This is beyond ridiculous.

Thank you Remi

Wow....you are being too kind by asking by the end of the month. This is beyond ridiculous.

Cracker,
I believe that this issue has taken way too long. Personally I would like to see resolution to it by the end of the week, but I am still giving some leeway as this is a volunteer ran organization. Btw, I am expecting a good accounting to be posted and made available to the chapter members.

I'm sure our treasurer will have the report ready very soon.

Spoken like a true politician. Thank you for a very informative statement. :wave::roflmao::moon:

Last edited:
I'm sure our treasurer will have the report ready very soon.

??? Soon doesn't cut it. Please define when because saying "soon" is beyond inappropriate at this point (actually in this context it's altogether inapropriate).

But since you chose to speak let me put this out there: you are the chapter president. Didn't you see the thread that is spanning 5 months talking about the missing report? What actions did you take to ensure that the Chapter is in compliance with the National and producing the report?

Also, can someone please also post treasury reports dated back from 2007-2011?

I've been a member since then and would like to see the financials.

Thanks.

Thanks.

you can't see them because that would make sense. and we don't do that here.

kejtar, are you volunteering to take over as treasurer?

Thanks.

Carol has been a treasurer for three years so those should be able to be produced if need be. Before that I believe Ron kept those records and should have passed them along so yes, those should be able to be produced.

As a former chapter and national BOD member, he is more than capable.

that's fine.

but knowing that there is more to life than this club, and that the person in question has a lot going on right now, threads like this are extremely frustrating and highly counterproductive. if he actually gave a **** about the treasurer's report and not just making a statement, he could've handled this in a PM.. he's not doing anyone any service by making this thread. everyone already knows the status of this. all that's being accomplished here is making someone out to be a bad person who really isn't.

this issue has been beat to death. don't like the way things are done, step up and help. or at the very least vote against that person next time around. turning this into the circus that it is has accomplished nothing.

having had an in person, face to face conversation with Carol about this issue, I say that it can wait. she is thinking about it, she is working on it, and it will get done. everyone needs to sit down and STFU there are a lot more important things in life than this report. and knowing that YOU have been told the same things I've been told makes me wonder what YOUR motives here are.

honestly, I hope she never gives it to you assholes just so you keep whining. but then, she's a lot nicer person than I am.
what is going to change in anyone's life if this report is published tomorrow?

that's fine.

but knowing that there is more to life than this club, and that the person in question has a lot going on right now, threads like this are extremely frustrating and highly counterproductive. if he actually gave a **** about the treasurer's report and not just making a statement, he could've handled this in a PM.. he's not doing anyone any service by making this thread. everyone already knows the status of this. all that's being accomplished here is making someone out to be a bad person who really isn't.

this issue has been beat to death. don't like the way things are done, step up and help. or at the very least vote against that person next time around. turning this into the circus that it is has accomplished nothing.

having had an in person, face to face conversation with Carol about this issue, I say that it can wait. she is thinking about it, she is working on it, and it will get done. everyone needs to sit down and STFU there are a lot more important things in life than this report. and knowing that YOU have been told the same things I've been told makes me wonder what YOUR motives here are.

honestly, I hope she never gives it to you assholes just so you keep whining. but then, she's a lot nicer person than I am.

I agree with this 100%.

that's fine.

You're missing the point. This is her job and she signed up for it. If life events occur that prevent her from full filling her duties, the right thing to do is to step down. Also with $ I hope there was ongoing accounting going on which would allow for quick production of reports. If not, then it's an even bigger issue as and I'd like to know why did the chapter BOD it get out of hand like this.

Oh yeah... Chapter forum, chapter business, chapter meeting.... It kind of all goes together....

Why isn't this handled in the Socal chapter BOD forum?:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back