• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Do List

-weld on front to rear stiffeners
-get some spare front axleshafts/hubs for peace of mind ALL SET
-make or buy quarter panel armor
-rocker replacements
-install bumper/winch DONE
-steering box brace (ordered the c-rok yesterday) DONE
-rework rear shocks/mounts

the rest of the stuff?...ehhhhh

Updated:

need to install:
1 rocker skid-done
3 More flairs
D30 Aussie!!
Fix Rock Krawler otk steering- partially done, a drop pitman helped. but I think I need to lengthen my radius arms another inch or so.
Replace Rear Pinion Bearing- Re-gearing to 4.56 solves this.

need to get:
alittle something

Not Gonna happen:
Stroker
FlippedD300 Doubler
Box4Rocks kit

to do:
-dont break the jeep :shhh:
-dont break the 30 :thumbup:
-dont bitch about having an open front end :shhh:
-dont throw any money at the 30 :thumbup:
-get more spare shafts :thumbup:
-get more spare ball joints :thumbup:

actual things that should be done:
-front pinion bearings DONE
-front driveshaft rebuild/replace joints are good, slip yoke has seen better days

New List
-figure out something about tires :confused:
-maybe get a sticker :dunno:
-DONT BREAK STUFF ON SATURDAY

ehhhh. it'd be nice to do something about that, but I won't let it ruin my day

I'll booger something onto that if you want! I swear you can trust my welds :eyes:

New list since house is falling through:
* buy gas can?
* 4wd swap in mj?
* drive on down :D

I'll booger something onto that if you want! I swear you can trust my welds :eyes:

New list since house is falling through:
* buy gas can?
* 4wd swap in mj?
* drive on down :D

man up, no shame in wheeling greenie style....

If I have 4x4 working in the MJ by then, sure. I need to throw together some recovery points for it too :eyes: If I don't have 4x4 working by then... well maybe, depending on how easy the trails are, I can always back out. Last time I actually was there for a trailride the whole place was a skating rink, so I'm not really familiar with what the trails look like normally.

It's only got a d35 in it right now, but I'll be shocked if I manage to blow that thing up with 225s on it.

Install adjustable uppers
Paint and install rock sliders Painted and installed
pick up 29sp 8.25 and install Not happening
buy t-case skid and install... thinking JCR Not happening
Valve Cover Gasket
Rear Main seal
Exhaust Manifold Gasket
Install CB/ antenna
Change all fluids
Swap in dual booster/MC

Well since I don't currently have a job and was denied for unemployment looks like just the basics for me. No more t-case skid or going from a 27sp to 29sp rear.

Got the truck back yesterday with its new motor. Runs great. All I have to do before NACFest now is not break it.

rock on! congradulations and good luck!!

Looks/sounds good too. Now drive that thing back and foth to work for a week to make sure ALL the bugs are worked out...:thumbup:

Yeah .... like that thing wouldn't get some serious looks in the parking lot at my work. Maybe I'll park it right next to my bosses little Mercedes convertible ..... on second thought, maybe I'll park it ON the little convertible!!! LOL!

I've been driving it around a bit and the only thing I notice is a weird burning smell when I'm sitting at stop lights. The truck isn't running hot or anything - its more of an electric related melting smell.

I figure I'll just put a bottle of water in the glove box and not worry about it.

My new list:

- Wire trailer brake control into truck.
- Pick up trailer
- Wheel more.
- Maybe build a front bumper.

my list (if i can make it):

get a pile of spare shafts and whatnot
don't bother fixing side mirrors since they'll smash off anyways
wire up toggle switch for electric fan
maybe a fluid change for the transmission and tcase

my list (if i can make it):

get a pile of spare shafts and whatnot
don't bother fixing side mirrors since they'll smash off anyways
wire up toggle switch for electric fan
maybe a fluid change for the transmission and tcase

hah I had pretty good luck with my fixed mirrors for a while, they took alot of hits & bent really far a couple times, but last time the mirror started to bend and the glass just exploded. So ill wait till after nac fest to fix it, so thats on the back burner list.

my driver side mirror wasn't even a fold-away one, so although it's actually still hanging on (sort of) but pulled the bolts through the holes in the sheet metal, and crinkled the door a little bit. it's going to take some "massaging" to fix that up good

my driver side mirror wasn't even a fold-away one, so although it's actually still hanging on (sort of) but pulled the bolts through the holes in the sheet metal, and crinkled the door a little bit. it's going to take some "massaging" to fix that up good

hah thats what im saying, I use the bolts to get the "fold away action"
Picture.jpg

I don't have much of a "to do" list anymore.

to do
trim new fenders and install
relocate battery
install oba
get a new IAC
align steering
reinstall front skid
install new hardware in UCA's
maybe trim the rear quarters a little
install drop pitman arm

already done
swap in 8.8 with limited slip, discs, and 4:10's
swap in D30 with 4:10's, spartan locker, LCA skids, braced passenger UCA mount, new axle ujoints.
installed hyline hood vents
installed adjustable uppers
installed ZJ tie rod and new drag link

I am almost ready a few more days of solid work then it will be done!

Back