• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Do List

Ok since I'm keeping the current Jeep running for NAC fest here is my list...
Install adjustable uppers
Paint and install rock sliders Painted
pick up 29sp 8.25 and install
Gear to 4.10 Not going to have the money
buy t-case skid and install... thinking JCR
Front aussie buy and install... Not going to have the money
Valve Cover Gasket
Rear Main seal
Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Added a couple of things to the list

Time for an update:

1. Fix bulkhead connector on firewall so truck always runs DONE
2. Install HD tie rod
2. Paint/Install JCR TCase Skid
3. Install lift parts (to get from 2" to about 3")
4. Source/install new power antenna (seriously? no need!)
5. Fix power mirror wiring (unnecessary)
6. Readjust deflators from 12psi up to 18psi (dosen't count)
7. Swap in new headliner/Keyless entry retrofit/new front door seals
8. Repaint/install replacement OEM rear bumper
9. Fix horns (no)
10. Fix CB radio antenna
11. Mount cupholder (bring a passenger)
12. Install ZJ Shift Knob DONE
13. Fix loose switches on LF door DONE

looks like you only need to do a couple of things. you're welcome.

I added to my list

0515001742a.jpg

Notched my list over the weekend:

2. Install HD tie rod
4. Source/install new power antenna (got one, was defective, need to ship back for replacement)
5. Fix power mirror wiring
6. Readjust deflators from 12psi up to 18psi
7. Swap in new headliner/Keyless entry retrofit/new front door seals DONE (finishing trim reinstall tonight)
8. Repaint/install replacement OEM rear bumper
9. Fix horns
10. Fix CB radio antenna
11. Mount cupholder

Dundy - lol, good markups. I have some of that on there because it's been nagging me for a while now (note that I don't have anything tagged in terms of criticality), notably the power mirror wiring harness that I built myself which stopped working.

As to the antenna, I've been using a Walkman and cassette adapter to listen to FM since RocktoberFest, and it's really getting old. Fortunately, no longer having the front fender splash shields makes that a quick job once I get a working one.

HONEY DO LIST

1) Go to nac fest
2) buy raffle tickets
3) win custom accessories and gear
4) eat hamburgers
5) go to mall, take pictures show off on the internets...

I shortened the list and got rid of the stuff already done.

Entire brake system (MC, lines, etc)
Outer Front fenders (sheetmetal and bars)
Install driveshafts
Install Belly Pan
Skin Rockers
Remount seats, harnesses, fire extinguisher etc
Air filter mount
Front Bumper
Rear suspension assembly
Front suspension assembly
Mount 2 of the 4 tires

To do/buy:
Winch (optional)
Misc Hardware

For Later:
Lights
Radio

bill, you can borrow my winch.

Bill, if you need a winch I have the right to call you a pansy!

To do:
1) Take time off work Check
2) Wave at Jeep as it sits in my garage To do

Entire brake system (MC, lines, etc)
Outer Front fenders (sheetmetal and bars)
Install driveshafts
Install Belly Pan
Skin Rockers
Remount seats, harnesses, fire extinguisher etc
Air filter mount
Front Bumper
Rear suspension assembly
Front suspension assembly
Mount tires - DONE
Tidy up wiring
Find something to do with the NSS (leave it off and make a permanent jumper most likely)

To do/buy:
Winch (optional)
Misc Hardware
Pick up trailer

For Later:
Lights
CB
Radio
Man I have pity for the man who trys to assembly an H1 wheel without a impact. Whew... glad those are done.
bill, you can borrow my winch.
For good? :D
Really I won't even have a place to mount it unless I can build a bumper in time. I need to get some seat time behind it before NACFest and I do have Colin's old MJ bumper and tow hooks. Not the best, but I appreciate him letting me use them if I need 'em.
Bill, if you need a winch I have the right to call you a pansy!
You can't have a say until I see you at the campground.
Naw, not really.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For good? :D
Really I won't even have a place to mount it unless I can build a bumper in time. I need to get some seat time behind it before NACFest and I do have Colin's old MJ bumper and tow hooks. Not the best, but I appreciate him letting me use them if I need 'em.
haha, don't push it... but ok. i bet you'll have time to get one done :wantyou::patriot:

Install adjustable uppers
Paint and install rock sliders Painted and installed
pick up 29sp 8.25 and install
buy t-case skid and install... thinking JCR
Valve Cover Gasket
Rear Main seal
Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Deleted things that are not going to get done. One thing closer to ready. Probably going to tackle the valve cover and exhaust manifold gaskets tomorrow.

Hey Paul is that the same jeep that we did the gasket to? If so what happened? Don't forget that the one bolt was tapped crooked.

Yea same one. Dunno really. It's fine when it's warm out but over the winter it was leaking from the top front. It's not a necessity as of right now but I figure if I'm going to have the valve cover off than might as well do that to.

I am adding a rear traction/anti-wrap bar to my list of "To-Do's" before NAC-Fest. Timmay over at Liquid Iron Industries is going to build me one, I just have to find the time to get it on the XJ...:banghead:

A.

Finished putting the trim back up from the headliner and mounted the other lighted visor over the weekend, got the antenna done too (quick job without fender liners, but I need to think about fashioning a splash guard...)

2. Install HD tie rod
4. Source/install new power antenna DONE
5. Fix power mirror wiring
6. Readjust deflators from 12psi up to 18psi
7. Swap in new headliner/Keyless entry retrofit/new front door seals DONE, DONE, and DONE
8. Repaint/install replacement OEM rear bumper (deferred - will run the bent one for NACFest, save the nicer one for after)
9. Fix horns
10. Fix CB radio antenna DONE
11. Mount cupholder

Am I to understand you fitted a radio transmitter style keyless entry from say a '97+ into your '92, replacing the IR system?

Not exactly - everything I found online indicated that the 97+ XJ keyless system was dependent on the BCM (body control module) and if you didn't have at least one remote already programmed to it, a dealer scan tool to program remotes.

What I actually did was swap in the keyless entry module from a 95 Chrysler Concorde, which is RF-based, but self-contained (supply +12V to one line and pull another to ground, and it goes into "learning mode" all by itself). I based my work on this link I found:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/ir-rf-keyless-entry-conversion-676076/

Where a fellow did the same change to his ZJ. Seems 93-97 LH sedans (and, supposedly, some RAM pickups in that general period)all used this particular self-contained module.

All I had to do was pore through the wiring schematics in my FSM to figure out which lines to splice to B+, Ground, Unlock Relay, and Lock Relay on the harness in my XJ. Turned out to be really easy - the module slips between the roof and headliner nicely without rattling around, and with fresh batteries in the remote (found a RKE module and fob as a matched set from the same vehicle for about $30 on eBay) I can now lock/unlock my Jeep from as much as 30 feet away. For the moment I have to hit the unlock button twice, but the RKE module has a separate line for just the LF door as well - I'm thinking of either tying that into the unlock relay line too with a diode, or trying to run a wire down into the LF door and create a LF-only unlock function (will require some sort of diode since it looks like it's a single supply voltage fanned out from the relay to all four doors), but I'll worry about deciding that after NACFest - the original XJ functionality has been replicated, and that's good enough for now. I also need to set up the two SPST switches I bought to make entering learning mode easier (right now I did it with crimp-on QD connectors, but that's only temporary).

Looking back, I'm not sure how I'd have gotten the module tucked up into the headliner had I stayed with my original piece, though - the dome light hole might have been too small. Fortunately, my original liner was shot and I had the 97+ one ready to go in, so now I just have to drop the front domelight (which is bigger on later models) to open my "service port".

Since I saw over in the other forum you're coming to NACFest, you're welcome to track me down and have a look.

Axle seals in the 8.8
Wire winch (probably not going to happen in time)
Transmission filter
Water pump (preventative maintenence if there's time)
Install new long side D30 shaft
Front bumpstops

Back