• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "What I need to get done BECAUSE of Winterfest" thread!

Did you spin the tubes in the pig, or upper control arm problems?

If you tow it, just get drive flanges

I'd give them a shot.

Do you know of a good brand? A google search didn't yield much.

If I strike out there, I'll probably just get some Warns.

I used to have some, I will look if I still do, they are yours for shipping if I still have them and I can find them.

Deal! Let me know if you have any luck.

Did you spin the tubes in the pig, or upper control arm problems?

I believe upper control arm issue...but have been busy and just got it into the garage...

I had some other things come up this week...and 60 hours of work...

mac 'hopefully figure it out soon' gyvr

That's probably better than a spun tube problem.

I'm heading for home, going on 16 hours straight, before I foul up something else.

I need to:
Get new CB ant.
Fix exhaust.
Fix wiring for fuel sending unit.
Change diff. fluid.

GYM.

Just got done washing Jennies jeep. Not to bad for mud but found a few things to repair that I had forgotten about on Thursdays run.

Replace cat and 02 sensor which sucks as they are less then a year old.
Move exhaust back to where it is supposed to be, not against the rear driveshaft.
Replace rear and front shocks as the front Rusty's have already given out in less than 8000 miles and the rear RE monotube shocks have blown both seals at the top.
Crossmember looks like swiss cheese and stock T/C skid has seen better days.
The jeep is in the garage ready for jackstands so I can service the brakes all the way around.

I do have to say that is a small list for what jennie and I put that jeep through. :D

Just got done washing Jennies jeep. Not to bad for mud but found a few things to repair that I had forgotten about on Thursdays run.

Replace cat and 02 sensor which sucks as they are less then a year old.
Move exhaust back to where it is supposed to be, not against the rear driveshaft.
Replace rear and front shocks as the front Rusty's have already given out in less than 8000 miles and the rear RE monotube shocks have blown both seals at the top.
Crossmember looks like swiss cheese and stock T/C skid has seen better days.
The jeep is in the garage ready for jackstands so I can service the brakes all the way around.

I do have to say that is a small list for what jennie and I put that jeep through. :D

Put some OME's or 5150's on it!

I am not impressed with the standard shocks from either RC or Rustys. I will give these a try and if the ride is not worthy of the wifes jeep than on to 5150's. I have the 2.2's from RC on the front of the big jeep and they are decent but I don't go 65-75mph either.

Just made it all the way home, writing this from chez kastein. Van's transmission is smelling a little bit fried but it was driving fine, so I am going to have a fluid flush done on it. It did sit for 3 years after all.

My cat and muffler fell off the MJ somewhere between when I pulled it onto the dolly and when I just unloaded it. I *think* it was one of several places, probably the hellacious series of bumps I bounced across going through Hartford or the football sized pothole I nearly lost a wheel on the van to, but it really doesn't matter now, it's gone and they were both pretty thrashed anyways.

Just made it all the way home, writing this from chez kastein. Van's transmission is smelling a little bit fried but it was driving fine, so I am going to have a fluid flush done on it. It did sit for 3 years after all.

My cat and muffler fell off the MJ somewhere between when I pulled it onto the dolly and when I just unloaded it. I *think* it was one of several places, probably the hellacious series of bumps I bounced across going through Hartford or the football sized pothole I nearly lost a wheel on the van to, but it really doesn't matter now, it's gone and they were both pretty thrashed anyways.

To be fair, you were using the muffler as a skid plate in the Quarry.......:D

To be fair, you were using the muffler as a skid plate in the Quarry.......:D
Been doing that since June or so :eyes:

I have been in awe of the muffler and cat remaining attached ever since I started wheeling it. AFAIK the cat was the stock one from 1991 and both had been forcibly introduced to MANY rocks. It must have finally popped the last few spot welds out.

Back