• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Budget Bucket's build

Is the adjustment on the steering box set too far in? That can really stiffen up the steering.

Yeah I wouldn't tweak the worm gear on top. Some say the new synergy ball joints are stiff until broken in. I didn't notice any change when I installed mine though. Try checking the axle joints. Maybe one is broken and binding?

You have to have something binding . Pull the front end apart and inspect . Post back up eth your findings.

Did you put it in 4wd on dirt rock or pavement....

Don't go 4wd on dry pavement .

Right. I only did it to flex on my driveway wall and that's when I noticed it. So I bet I broke something there

you might have yes. Pull it apart and check everything out.

Don't go 4wd on dry pavement .

My best 1/4 mile time at SacRaceway was 17.6s @ 76 mph, in 4WD. Haha. Driving straight shouldn't be a big deal.

That was shortly after I bought my heep. Was basically stock with 235/75 Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires.

Almost interested to see what it would do meow. Ihada gone with a group of Dakota guys that I knew from before I had that heep. It was for an event called "Mopar Magic".
Maybe we should get a NAXJA group to go there. Haha. Definitely willing to take my MJ.

My best 1/4 mile time at SacRaceway was 17.6s @ 76 mph, in 4WD. Haha. Driving straight shouldn't be a big deal.

That was shortly after I bought my heep. Was basically stock with 235/75 Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires.

Almost interested to see what it would do meow. Ihada gone with a group of Dakota guys that I knew from before I had that heep. It was for an event called "Mopar Magic".
Maybe we should get a NAXJA group to go there. Haha. Definitely willing to take my MJ.
Hahaha I would be down!!!

never raced my jeep, but i used to race a blown alcohol 1940 willys coupe.
best time was 7.02 @ 198
i think my red jeep would be a lot slower! :wow:

front.jpg

mazichrr02launch.jpg

it was fun, but not exactly cost effective to operate.
averaged me about .75 cents per foot driven after i paid for it, the trailer, & motorhome!

Thats an awesome old willys Tim!

Back