• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Budget Bucket's build

well haven't posted about the last couple of trips yet.

went on a half con trip with kevin. did cadillac hill open open on 31's and didn't get stuck. pretty proud. also had a blast.

then i went on a trip for the whole thing with john and casey in their rigs. heres some spam of pics so sorry fort the multiple posts but i enjoyed these photos so hope you do too

PS they are all out of order

well that is all the pictures hahaha. sorry again for the massive post of pics. this way people can get them from here and also others to see what I've been up too.

anyways so we hit the rubicon twice which was awesome both times. and both times different trips ahha

then these past three days i got a lp 30 for free so i swapped the lp for the lp. this lp had good mounts. when i pulled the old lp, i found the mounts were literally ovalleed which you can see in one of the pics. so i swapped it in which took 3 days cause my tools either broke or i didn't have the right ones. but i got it done and now it seems she drives straighter and without wobble so no wheeling now until i get mini skids. also got some upgrading steering and other goodies which will be coming soon.

oh and i cut my exhaust cause i bent it. cut it once and couldn't get the back so i just got mad and cut it close to one of the mounts. now it drones like a really weird ricer haha

but thats the update in a nutshell. to come next: hood vents and cb with smaller upgrades before welding comes in september?? idk really whenever kevins ready hahah

Haha. I don't remember Half of those pics of my jeep. ESP the one of seal in front. Haha. I must have been paying more attn to the rocks.

Are we really looking at a picture of a person under the jeep being supported only by a high lift?
Not to get on a soap box and preach at strangers, or anything, but that's seriously unsafe if that's what's going on. People die fairly routinely doing stuff like that.

Re: Re: The Budget Bucket's build

Are we really looking at a picture of a person under the jeep being supported only by a high lift?
Not to get on a soap box and preach at strangers, or anything, but that's seriously unsafe if that's what's going on. People die fairly routinely doing stuff like that.
Unfortunately it is. We blew a fuel pump and had no way of fixing it then without that. We blocked all four tires at least and let him do his thing. That pic is literally 20 ft from the damn road if you know where that is. Completely quit sending fuel. I would never recomend it but we had to do what we had to do I guess

well its been a year and a half so i guess i should update my build.

Ill update ya and then post some pics.

so last time i left this blog i was on stock everything with a 3.5/4 in lift. not much has changed haha but now its not the budget bucket really lol. started to have to spend a good amount of cash on it.

NEW:
-2x6 rocker replacement sliders
-door removal mod
-electricity wiring upgrades
-switches and light bar upgrading
-new front bumper with tow point
-new rim and tire for passengers side
-new johny joint lowers
-currie steering
-replaced the steering box
-hood vents
-new LCA mounts since mine sheered off
-tracked down and fixed a lot of clunking and loose bolts that were much needed.
-new radio
-picked up a welder and a floor jack

currently it sits on stands in the garage because during the last job (steering box) i broke the reservoir for the PS pump so waiting for that. Also have synergy ball joints on the way and a RE track bar so that way i can finally get this thing aligned correctly. Also have frame stiffeners i bought with the welder so those will be coming soon as well with a roll bar or two.. still open open but I like the challenge so far. plus its my daily driver and I already need a daily for my daily haha #collegeworkandjeep. Ran the rubicon, 4 dice, slick rock, and a few canyons up here in reno over the summer so theres tha.

Anyway enough boring updates. heres some badly taken pics

Last edited:
good looking updates sam.

Back