• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Budget Bucket's build

Yeah- but it reads way overfull when you fill it on the gauge, so I was assuming that it had the same shift on the empty side, so I was thinking a 1/4 tank was empty - which is was still at 6 gallons- so this is good to know- when I fill it it can go over but the empty still stays right where it should.

-Jonathan

On my XJ, it usually reads a tick or so higher when I fill up, and E is where it is. When my needle is totally at E, and the gas light STAYS on. I still have a good 2.5 gal at that moment. Might be more if I didn't have a damn dent in my tank.

So a few updates I guess since I've had time to read everyone else's finally!! Lol

New 4 bolt j10 85 box
PS cooler and leak fixes sorta
Frame stiffners for middle chasis
Ruff stuff lowers (I hate caster...)
Work, storage, cooking shelf and small interior upgrades
Fender tabs
Rear cut n fold completed

So things to come...
Rear bumper
Boat sides
On board air
Stinger
Possible exo....sorry mom
Full frame stiffners

I'll try and grab pics tomorrow!!

well heres an update or more of a mind barf if anyone cares to read.

So i was going to post pics but I've been to busy with school, moving, and passing the academy. finally have time to work on the jeep and now everything breaks.

-My sunroof is stuck open so thats awesome in the rain, luckily i have a parking garage to park in but still annoying as hell so i have to figure out that (seems the motor burnt out cause you can here the power click to the motor but no action)

-then i sheered off my sway bar mount by driving down the freeway and hit a pot hole so i need to build another one with my poor welding skills

-and finally my worst one yet is i have a really bad steering clunk. every time i turn driver or slightly driver on a straight section i get a clunking around like a lower control arm is loose and ONLY ON the drivers side rail you can feel/hear it. So i checked bolts on the LCA and they are all tight. no signs of wear anywhere. so i figured my track bar bracket that had bad angles was just wobbled out which it was so i replaced that and tightened it all down. after that it still persisted so i took off the shock to see if the shock strut was bad somehow but that only made things WAY WORSE. got my first real taste of death wobble going 70 and terrible steering all over the road. so i figured it could be loose UCA. those bolts are super tight so thats not it.

when i was in tahoe today i had my dad turn the wheel back and forth in the drive way to see if i could pin point the problem. can't see it but when you turn it side to side and have your hand on the pitman arm you can feel a big play area in the sector shaft of the steering box. so i doubt its my currie steering and have a good feeling its my REMAN ORIELY'S steering box i bought and now have to find time to take it out and replace it.

SOOOOOO.... does anyone have recommendations as to what box i should run? just get another j10 box? yj box? is it safe/worth it to do hydro on 31's?

i swear if this is not the problem once i fix the box i will burn the jeep to the ground.

oh and i did check, coil, hubs, shaft, u joint, no drive shaft, other side as well, and my 4 bolt kit seems to bee super tight and not cracked at all.

make sure you put a breaker bar on each trackbar mount bolt - all 4- and both trackbar bolts- 2 more one for each side. money is on the trackbar or the steering box. new currie wont go bad that quick.

steering boxes are cheap, and check the frame behind the box once you pull it out to make sure its not cracked.

Well its been a ridiculous hunt so far. BUUUUT i found my problem

so after I replaced my track bar bracket, bushing, steering lines and box, as well as tightened a ton of stuff under there; I figured out its my ruffstuff Heim on my lower control arm. SOOOO now I'm not freaked out anymore that its something terrible.

and on the sun roof issue. so we took it to a shop that does pretty good work and pretty good deals on a lot of our cars, however they forced it closed and ended up breaking a little part off and didn't even get it all the way closed. long story short me and my dad went to get it all the way closed and found it was so freaking easy. the motor is not blown, the relay and the wiring up in the roof was so jank. duct tape held my deadlined on apparently instead of glue, and the wiring was jankily spliced. long story short we closed the sun roof and unplugged the motor for now until we get more time and replace the headliner. so now i have a moonroof but I'm happy its closed for winter ahha.

pics coming soon promise just uploaded my phone, as well as tons of stuff I'm trying to get rid of in the for sale forum.

well heres a shout out to gordo. Thank for making me put pictures up as well as thank you for putting up with me whining and being melodramatic about my jeep today haha i just lost my head.

any whoooo heres the rear cut n fold i did, couldn't find any done pics but you get the idea.

oh and i kinda forgot about the stuffing and caught my jeep on fire. strangely windex put it out. don't ask

then heres some of my shelf,

since then I've added a shelf but i think i may take it off and go with the simpler idea.

Back