• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Will they be available in 8 lug or only 5/6 lug? I read that as heavy duty hubs for 5/6 lug 44s, not hubs for 8 lug hd44s, hopefully I am wrong

The hubs that have problems are the 5 lugs. The 6 lug stuff is way thicker and doesn't generally suffer the same issue the 5 lug D44 hubs.

Good to know, this is one of those situations where I am actually glad I am wrong.

Exactly what 'issues' are you referring to? I swapped from 6-lug to 5-lug.

They swell and everything gets jammed in the hub. The 6 lug chevy hub is way thicker and resists this issue.

The hub itself swells? As in compresses the bearings?

This must be an issue in 'go fast' situations.

I'm pretty sure mine never get's hot enough to swell.

Lets not soil the thread too much but the diameter enlarges at the outer edge.

The hub can swell when the locking hub explodes inside of it, just like the spindle can swell when the stub axle explodes inside of the spindle. D44 stuff, been there, done that. :)

Major kudos to Yukon, they are a great outfit with great products, and great support for enthusiasts and racers. We're very happy to be affiliated with them.

We need bigger Yukon stickers.....

:D

I actually already have a cardboard roll with larger Yukon stickers. Just checked it again.

:)

Richard G

No more testing scheduled. The next time we drive the car will be to pre-run the course in Feb.

Going through the axles, checking and torquing every bolt, having new window nets made and painting the car. We added an anti-rock and will add some more lights, but beyond that we locked down any additional changes. Time to race!

No more testing scheduled. The next time we drive the car will be to pre-run the course in Feb.

Going through the axles, checking and torquing every bolt, having new window nets made and painting the car. We added an anti-rock and will add some more lights, but beyond that we locked down any additional changes. Time to race!

Can't wait to watch/help pit!

Yes, in car live feeds..

Back