• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Great pics! Thanks for posting them, and letting us live vicariously through them.

David Bricker / SYR

I took this one just for you David.

masking off the PSR sticker for paint.

2013-01-13_16-51-50_0.jpg

Last edited:
You may find that you'll have a hard time closing the hood.

We already thought of that, so we're cutting a hole in the hood.

Richard G

The guys got some finishing touches in on the secondary door latches, now there's somewhere to put them when not in use, so you don't slam the door on them.

2013-01-20_14-38-49_877.jpg

2013-01-20_14-38-57_0.jpg

Last edited:
Rear end got a quick re-build and re-install. New bearings FTW!

2013-01-20_14-38-25_46.jpg

2013-01-20_14-46-11_784.jpg

Last edited:
Richard showing us young guys that he doesn't need a breaker bar..

2013-01-20_14-38-37_68.jpg

Last edited:
Tethers on the hood pins so we don't lose them. Work as a great handle too, now we don't have to try and slip our fingers under the lip of the hood to open it.. (the springs that usually pop it are gone, tubes in that space now).

2013-01-20_14-39-03_419.jpg

Last edited:
Started final race prep. Torquing every bolt on the car, and marking every bolt/nut and anything we would want to know if it moves. The orange stuff is called "Torque Stripe". Its like nail polish, but turns rock hard and shatters if it moves. At a quick glance you can know for a fact that every bolt is or is not still tight. A special thanks to RedHeep for bringing this product to our attention, I can't ever begin to express how much time it saves going over the car, and the simple piece of mind you can get from it.

2013-01-20_12-13-39_224.jpg

2013-01-20_12-13-44_120.jpg

2013-01-20_12-13-49_315.jpg

2013-01-20_12-14-00_361.jpg

Last edited:
Some new fender flares for the new fenders. I never know that white flares was a factory option. Its not even white paint, its white plastic.

2013-01-20_12-14-29_969.jpg

Last edited:
Richard found this spiffy caps to replace our yoke u-bolts. More sexy is more fast, right?

They certainly look more durable.

2013-01-20_09-33-49_218.jpg

2013-01-20_09-33-54_274.jpg

Last edited:
Richard found this spiffy caps to replace our yoke u-bolts. More sexy is more fast, right?

Is the UCA bolt long enough?

Are those the titanium caps from a few years ago? BTW, I'd rather have the U-bolts...

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw those a while back somewhere - didn't know they were still made! Link?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have those, I hate busted off bolts stuck in yokes and U-bolts don't seem as strong.

I'd rather have those as well, it's way to easy to crush the bearing caps with u-bolts.

We got the rear hung up on a rock when pre-running and broke a u-bolt against a rock, not a good feeling. I know we've all ground our rear yokes on rocks over and over again with no issues, but it spooked me that in a day og wheeling we got hung on one rock and it broke that u-bolt. Don't want that happening in the race so we went to those billet caps.

New gears and bearings in the rear end. Body damage is fixed from the roll over. Half doors are done and painted. New tach is installed. Worked the front bump stops and got another inch of front travel. Gas vent line is re-done so fuel fills really fast now. Front anti-rock is installed. Almost there.......

We got the rear hung up on a rock when pre-running and broke a u-bolt against a rock, not a good feeling. I know we've all ground our rear yokes on rocks over and over again with no issues, but it spooked me that in a day og wheeling we got hung on one rock and it broke that u-bolt. Don't want that happening in the race so we went to those billet caps.

New gears and bearings in the rear end. Body damage is fixed from the roll over. Half doors are done and painted. New tach is installed. Worked the front bump stops and got another inch of front travel. Gas vent line is re-done so fuel fills really fast now. Front anti-rock is installed. Almost there.......

I can't wait to see this rig in person at KOH!

We have a new Team NAXJA Facebook page. If you haven't already, head over there and "like" us. We'll do our best to keep updates posted both there and here, but it's quicker and easier to post updates there when at the race.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamNAXJA

There will also be some cross posting on the Petty Cash Racing Facebook page. Go like that page also and you can follow the road race XJ too. It's currently getting a Chevy 5.3 installed. :D

https://www.facebook.com/TeamPettyCash

Richard G

Got some new lights mounted, they work pretty good.

standard.jpg

Added some side mirrors. You can really see wide angle out of these things, can see the ground next to the car on both sides, plus really wide behind us. Should help in the rocks when all strapped in with helmets and neck braces on.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Gotta have cool non-skid on the half door foot steps.

standard.jpg

Richard G

Back