• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

I was going to try using some Orbitz gum, layed under some JB weld.

Ruh roh! At least it held thru the race, mud hides a lot!
This may be obvious, but I'd make sure to groove out a valley before rewelding! Maybe even add a gusset along the backside of the link tower..

I think we're going to cut both mounts off and do something more stout. That's the second time that mount has broken.

probably be a good time to cut the stock style forks off the arms and weld in barrels for bushings or JJs.

then you can run some tabs on the truss like normal people.

probably be a good time to cut the stock style forks off the arms and weld in barrels for bushings or JJs.

then you can run some tabs on the truss like normal people.

Yeah that's not going to happen. To start with, Full Traction sponsored us with their 4 link suspension, and I won't disrespect them by telling the world its no good and has to be modified. In fact, their setup works really well..

That, and I like having some rubber bushings.

The problem here is the .120 box tube we used for the uca mounts. They'll come off and some .250 wall stuff will go in.

Yeah that's not going to happen. To start with, Full Traction sponsored us with their 4 link suspension, and I won't disrespect them by telling the world its no good and has to be modified. In fact, their setup works really well..
fair enough... but it wouldn't change their design at all, it would just make it more universal for easier mounting.

That, and I like having some rubber bushings.
thats why I said bushings OR JJs :rtm:

The problem here is the .120 box tube we used for the uca mounts. They'll come off and some .250 wall stuff will go in.

well crap.. I thought that was a piece of solid.. I didn't know it was that thin. .250 would be fine

Nice crack....that axle is getting heavier than a dana 60.... Speaking of which, weren't you going to change out the axle to some odd hybrid dealio

Back