• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

you ****ers...you've tarnished our relationship with secrets!

It looks like I managed to go three entire weeks of wrenching on the car without taking a single photo. .. whoopsy.

We were beating the UCA mounts up pretty good. Kevin made up some pretty awesome braces for them and has them burned in. Replaced the steering ram and mounts (we bent it at Stampede). Replaced the steering bolts with grade 8 shoulder bolts. Changed the fluids.. fixed some tweaky issues with our comms.

Packing the truck for the Glen Helen Grand Prix now. Will be on the road Thursday, and looking forward to another great race!

I'll try and get some pictures of the recent work for you guys after the race.

Do you have pics of the ram mount or have they been posted already?

How are the upper bushings holding up?

Ram mount is the exact same as the old one, just re-made and welded back on. Later I'd like to find room to raise the ram up higher, but there wasn't time to make it work right now. (we caught it with a rock at Stampede and bent it).

Bushings are holding up great. Full Traction offered us a new set, but we don't need them yet - everything is in excellent condition still.

Bushings are holding up great. Full Traction offered us a new set, but we don't need them yet - everything is in excellent condition still.

that's really good to know considering how hard they get hammered on

Good luck, Team NAXJA/ PCR! Looking forward to hanging with ya'll at the American Rocksports Challenge at MMP in Utah in July.

Not without a rough start, we took 2nd!

We were having some trans problems at the start which put us off of our game. Every time Richard punched the throttle, it would downshift - which means if we're at 4500 RPM's and pulling hard, suddenly it would jump to 2nd gear 6200 RPM's and people would walk away from us.

Into the third lap, we dumped it on a corner. I had a minute to sit and think about the problem while Richards camelback poured all over my face. Race ops rolled us back over, I thought about it while Richard got into the groove again and realized our NSS was failing. We were shifted in the '3' position but the NSS would randomly signal '1-2' and cause downshifts. Had richard shift to OD and the problem went away - then the hunt was on!

Put down some awesome lap times, and with a couple of more laps might have taken first, but we feel really good about the second place finish.

Now for the carnage!

2013-05-26_10-30-01_890_zps4f149e95.jpg

2013-05-26_10-30-12_732_zps6afd8697.jpg

2013-05-26_10-30-34_480_zps35b1d6df.jpg

2013-05-26_10-30-39_283_zpsc041053c.jpg

2013-05-26_10-30-55_38_zps94ba22b7.jpg

2013-05-26_10-31-06_218_zpsf73b1688.jpg

We've got a couple of weeks to replace the fender and NSS, along with a few small things, and do a tech and prep on the car - and then off to Utah for the American Rocksports Challenge at Miller Motor Sports July 12-14.

Any of you locals interested in joining up with us there? We'll be light on crew and heavy on enthusiasm! ;)

Last edited:
Cal I got a couple of rear doors if you need one just let me know and i'll see if we can't get it down to you.You gut them so it doesn't matter they are elec windows.Yes they're straight.

Back