• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

I am completely grateful I have been a part of this team, and wish to thank Richard, Cal, James, Chris, and all who had a part in making this happen. What other team can you think of in which any person can play a part? This is a great thing for NAXJA, and I cannot wait for next year.

Travis, we are lucky to have you with us each and every time you come out.

Its often hard for people to understand the value they bring to a team effort. You are consistently there when somebody needs an extra hand, willing to accept any task no matter how much work or little glory it may present, and able to tolerate myself and others when stress levels run high while sleep runs low.

Richard, James, Kris and I could choose to race any race we wanted and succeed at most of them.

We would never succeed at a race like King of the Hammers without the support of club members like yourself (and many others!) though. The scope of whats involved is impossible to put into words.

We give everything we have - blood, sweat, tears and dollars - to this team effort - it would be totally for not without the support of our clubs members though. You guys not only make it happen, but you make it fun!

Thanks to everyone who has supported this team through this race and all prior races. You'll never know how much we appreciate you, but I'll never stop trying to express it.

Travis, we are lucky to have you with us each and every time you come out.

Its often hard for people to understand the value they bring to a team effort. You are consistently there when somebody needs an extra hand, willing to accept any task no matter how much work or little glory it may present, and able to tolerate myself and others when stress levels run high while sleep runs low.

Richard, James, Kris and I could choose to race any race we wanted and succeed at most of them.

We would never succeed at a race like King of the Hammers without the support of club members like yourself (and many others!) though. The scope of whats involved is impossible to put into words.

We give everything we have - blood, sweat, tears and dollars - to this team effort - it would be totally for not without the support of our clubs members though. You guys not only make it happen, but you make it fun!

Thanks to everyone who has supported this team through this race and all prior races. You'll never know how much we appreciate you, but I'll never stop trying to express it.

Sorry to Kris for misspelling his name in my post.

Cal, you're making me all emotional over here.

Please share how the end of the race went for you guys after you pulled in from the finish since I was... :shiver::puke:, and how it came to be that we got the trophy.

I'm glad I got sick after you passed pit 1, but I wish it would have hit me before I even stepped foot into Kevin's sammy to go to pit 2.

Thanks to all who played a part in taking care of me that day. Especially: Carol, Kris, Kevin and also Don from G&G for letting me stay in his motorhome that night.

That's awesome! Great job guys

So now we have our goal for next year. I'll do my best to put in effort and actually be in the pit in '14.

Good Job guys.

Hopefully next year there will be co-driver who is in better shape .!. :D .!.

I felt very fortunate to be able to attend KOH this year, and play a small part in the team effort. Pit 1 was an easy job, since the car never stopped there. And I proud to say, my flawless record of not killing anyone with Spiedies and Spoon Bread (even if eaten with a fork) remains intact.

Richard and Cal did a stellar job of getting 4643 to the finish line. Everyone involved really pulled together to make this a true team effort. I was truly impressed by the amount of support from NAXJA members, and others to pull this together. I was glad to be able to watch this come to fruition.

David Bricker / SYR - PSR

I felt very fortunate to be able to attend KOH this year, and play a small part in the team effort. Pit 1 was an easy job, since the car never stopped there. And I proud to say, my flawless record of not killing anyone with Spiedies and Spoon Bread (even if eaten with a fork) remains intact.

:clap:

Guys, I think this kind of thing is what Socal NAXJA is all about. This is an awesome example of the quality of members we have in Socal! There will be many more adventures to come for all of our members. Get the word out to all of your friends sitting on the fence, Socal NAXJA is the club to belong to!

Guys, I think this kind of thing is what Socal NAXJA is all about. This is an awesome example of the quality of members we have in Socal! There will be many more adventures to come for all of our members. Get the word out to all of your friends sitting on the fence, Socal NAXJA is the club to belong to!

Too bad there wasn't that many SoCal folks there.... :twak:

I think if you added up those Naxja folks from the SouthEast Chapter, MWC, Sierra Chapter, PNW Chapter, AZ Chapter there were more folks than the SoCal chapter.

Last edited:
I was out there for my first Hammers but spent the day with my 3 year old daughter plus several old co-workers and their group of TJs and JKs. I think I only saw maybe 15 XJs on the entire day vs. several thousand wranglers. Did spot a NAXJA sticker on a pretty wicked looking buggy.

We went to about 4-5 spots but the best one was definitely the sand hill several folks alluded to at RM49.

Chocolate Thunder got so blown out and sandy by mid day that it was like looking through fog.

Congrats on the awesome finish. It was a great day.

Actually, there were LOTS of Cherokees out there all week. Even many racing in the EMC.

Back