• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

We should have bought a huge tent for the week under NAXJA as well for us all to congregate. The Team Naxja was nice but they were busy doing 6 hour ball joint swaps.

We should have bought a huge tent for the week under NAXJA as well for us all to congregate. The Team Naxja was nice but they were busy doing 6 hour ball joint swaps.

I witnessed this lol

I don't know where the heck you guys were. I saw so few XJs that I was joking with the guys I was with about driving a black sheep rig.

I saw 3-4 parked on the cruise in through Hammer town to watch the start (plus the NAXJA stickered buggy I already mentioned). I was on the side of the curve with the line-up to stay up-wind of the dust. Saw maybe 4 while rocking back and forth from smaller locations in the middle of the day. Saw 5-6 in the parking madness at Chocolate Thunder. There were 2 support XJs at the bottom of Chocolate Thunder. At the end of the day I followed 2 back out the main road (black and white and flying across the dry lake) after calling it around 1:30 pm when my daughter started getting tired.

Clearly I didn't see everything (not possible) but an XJ was maybe 1:100 of the vehicles I saw. It was so striking it surprised me which is why I mentioned it. I should try to co-ordinate better next year. Really, I need to get out to a proper Naxja event so I can meet some folks.

/thread jack. I am stoked on how well team Petty Cash did. What qualified as class 4600 and how many total folks competed in it?

The 4600 stock class had 25 entries. Class rules are basically no sheet metal or frame modifications, 14" shocks, suspension has to stay the same design as the car came with, and 35" tires.

BTW, I saw a ton of XJ's out there.

Someone came up to me as I was stopped outside of hammertown one night asking if I was "Tim". :dunno:

Hopefully you guys found Tim in a red xj on 'fotys.

That was me....and I finally found/met/transferred goods to him. :yelclap:

He didn't bring the big red xj anyhow.

Saw this guy on 5 north, and hour north of Sacramento on saturday.

2013-02-09_07-56-04_704_zps773a6ad3.jpg

Back