• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Back to work with us.

Not much time for photos, but here's a teaser..

2012-07-21_13-29-47_293.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!! I always heard those two-piece axle shafts were the bomb!!

Just drill out the center, tap it, put a stud in, and bolt the two pieces back together.

Make sure to use LH thread on the LH side though, I'd also avoid aggressively backing up.

^^ the default state of any photobutt image link...

zomg it's a real truss!

does that mean this 44 won't be as "happy" after the race is over?

Hopefully.

:D

It's nice to get working on it again. We have 9" to build for it, but we thought the quickest and cheapest way to get going again is to keep the d44. We'll see how it holds up longer term. We also have a brand new Griffin radiator to install, thanks to Griffin for giving us some help with that. Definitely a bad ass radiator. We just installed one in the Petty Cash road race XJ and had to move the mounts forward because the radiator is so thick it could interfere with the fans. I'm sure we'll have to do the same on this one. Shouldn't have any more cooling problems, though.

Looking good.....why are the limit straps longer than the shocks? Camera angle creating that illusion?

Looking good.....why are the limit straps longer than the shocks? Camera angle creating that illusion?

We don't want to wear out the limit straps. :)

Yes, it's partially camera angle. Because of the mounting position, if the shock is hanging straight down the limit strap is longer, but when the shock is moved forward into it's mounting position then the strap is shorter. Good eye.

Really cool to see what an "all out" build on a Cherokee looks like. Great work!

Back