• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

395582_2818509257475_1101182799_32606077_2109554113_n.jpg

Both sides. We just turn harder to the left. I think it has to do with my being fatter than Richard.

395582_2818509257475_1101182799_32606077_2109554113_n.jpg

Both sides. We just turn harder to the left. I think it has to do with my being fatter than Richard.
any clue what that thing ended up weighing? everytime i see that pic i think about building a better truss for my 44 lol

As soon as it gets back up here I'll go weigh it. A scale is down the street. Well, maybe after it gets a new rear axle installed.

come on, where's your sense of adventure? :D
mid 4k isnt too bad considering the extent of the cage, tires, etc.

When you decided to go with the 44's, was cost a driving factor, or weight? Did you originally worry about housing strength? I bent my front axle doing what I thought was " mild" trail riding, despite the advise of others. Just curious if your team experienced a similar fate?

We were going to run on a d30/d44 setup for a few reasons.. we already had them, they were stuffed with the best guts you could put into them, and we want to keep it light.

The stuff to build a front 44 just fell into our lap (thanks for a few AMAZING sponsors - Yukon and Solid Axles). We used the inner axles, and complete outer setups, from the d30 and just had to build a quick housing.

We were worried about the rear 44 housing, it needed a better truss.. we just did not have enough time to do it. We *barely* made it to king of the hammers as it was.. :)

Well after some badly needed downtime, boxes of parts are starting to pile up in my living room again...

Well after some badly needed downtime, boxes of parts are starting to pile up in my living room again...

YAY!!! Let the mayhem begin again!

yessssssssssss

It took me all day, during little spots of down time at work, but I read through this whole thread. I wish I would have read it sooner. Cal, Richard, Ixnayxj, Russ, s7tech, and everyone else involved, great build. When I had found out you guys didnt get to finish KOH I was sad. Can't always be winners. For those of you who havent seen this thing in person, I must say, it is awesome. Awhile back, Cal let me take a look at it and ask all the questions I could. Best part about it.....You get a woody when it fires up.

standard.jpg

The case that's strapped down behind the fuel cell is a Ready Welder.

I didn't notice the ready welder comment until right now, I was going to ask if it was an electric impact wrench. I always carry one with me when we go out wheeling.
What brand containers are these?
Nice smiley haha

Back