• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake trip July 26-28 2013

Too much blasting on the con... Are there any tough spots left? It was pretty much a freeway last time i ran it a couple years ago. A ton of vehicles too.
I found the scenery about the same.. Maybe a bit better on the con... Not enough to justify (for me) the drive. I'll do the con every 5 years or so... Swamp every year.

Too much blasting on the con... Are there any tough spots left? It was pretty much a freeway last time i ran it a couple years ago. A ton of vehicles too.
I found the scenery about the same.. Maybe a bit better on the con... Not enough to justify (for me) the drive. I'll do the con every 5 years or so... Swamp every year.

I think they are pretty similar in difficulty, Rubicon having or had at this point some sections that are more difficult than anything at Swamp. i love the scenery at both locations but I completely understand about the crowds. I hate the fact that every schmo is out there on any given day. I like to get away when I go to get away.

The Rubicon is fun to play on but is better suited during the week. i love the southern Sierras high peaks and smaller crowds.

Oh and I have been to both places and I do know everything. :D

Why do Rubicon guys like to argue that their trail is better than trails they haven't been to? :dunno:

Because they like going to places so damn crowded they had a poop crisis.

Why do Rubicon guys like to argue that their trail is better than trails they haven't been to? :dunno:

... I'm not a "Rubicon Guy" I live in San Diego.

my original post was a joke because mudbutt said he didn't like rocks, but he liked john bull, so I said go to the rubicon its like john bull but the rocks are bigger.

Avery started this BS as usual. I simply disagreed that it was worth the drive, and he had to be all ****y about it and talk shit.

in fact, since I am a San Diego guy, my drive is further than all of yours, and I STILL think its worth it. I would have made the drive to swamp lake and been on this trip if it was on a different weekend that particular weekend was a no-go for me. and I would be making the drive up to the rubicon this weekend for sierrafest if some shit hadn't came up at work that I absolutely needed to be in town for.

I also didn't say anything about swamp lake comparing it to the con because, as I said I've not wheeled it, but I have been to that area of the sierra, including dinky creek and grouse lake and backpacked into the higher country up there and I prefer the sierra further north. but like I originally said, to each their own.

try learning to read.

...I also didn't say anything about swamp lake comparing it to the con because, as I said I've not wheeled it, but I have been to that area of the sierra, including dinky creek and grouse lake and backpacked into the higher country up there and I prefer the sierra further north. but like I originally said, to each their ...

Thanks, now I'm really confused.

No, I've not wheeled swamp. But I have been to that area of the Sierra and it doesn't compare to the area that the rubicon.

Didn't say swamp wasn't a good trail or worth it, just that I think the rubicon is definitely worth the drive, especially if you haven't been.

I've run both and they are both super nice. The fact that the rubicon is that much further out, makes swamp a more desirable destination for me. I'd like to head back to the Con tho at some point.

Ignore him....most everyone else does

Lawrence Welk is way better than either of those trails. It even has impassible areas that are soo off camber, that you're likely to roll into a snake pit of doom.

I have been to both trails. Each trail has its own challenges.

I bet you have never fallen asleep when you were driving on the Rubicon!!!

My granite slabs are better than your granite slabs... It's like the Sierra version of west side story.

West Side!!!!

FarmerDance.gif

Honestly I think both trails are great, and as posted Swamp will have a lot less traffic, but there is miles more rock on the Rubicon then on Swamp. The level of difficulty really depends on how stacked the trails are, and if you are complaining about 14 miles on Swamp, that extra 4-5 miles on the Rubicon might put you to tears!

Back