• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake trip July 26-28 2013

Sorry, I guess my neck isn't red enough.

"Wellllll lookey thar. It's a mountain trail covered with boulders and rocks. Let's drive over that sheet... YEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW!!"

8 hours and half a tank of gas to go 14-1/2 miles to get to a stinky little lake the size of a postcard??? I'd rather dive naked into a swimming pool full of rusty razor blades.

I was asked at one point if I was having a good time... And I thought to myself, "Why no, I'm not having a good time... Just let me bash my front diff off another 27 rocks, THEN I'll be having a good time. Because you know, the first 86 times just wasn't enough for me to really enjoy the weekend.”

Then snapping my track bar on the pavement really sealed the deal.

I can't say anything negative about anyone who was there because you/they were all great people. Very helpful and fun. That trail just sucked balls.

The only thing here I take issue to is the implication that you have to be a redneck to enjoy rock crawling. I bet there weren't more than 2 or 3 14 bolt axles on the whole trail..

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad time. I'd advise you to look into unfamiliar trails better before heading out to them in the future, but I'm sure you already realize that now.

The only thing here I take issue to is the implication that you have to be a redneck to enjoy rock crawling. I bet there weren't more than 2 or 3 14 bolt axles on the whole trail..

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad time. I'd advise you to look into unfamiliar trails better before heading out to them in the future, but I'm sure you already realize that now.

Maybe if you had a 14 bolt in the race car, Richard and yourself could keep it on the wheels. You know, LCOG.

Too much air causes unnecessary bouncing,and therefore grumpiness.

Grumpiness has a trickle down effect and makes your trail companions want to choke you.

:laugh:

Damn, now I REALLY am bummed I didn't make this trip. I would have had so much fun in my stock TJ.

Swamp is probably as hard if not a tad more challenging than the rubicon

What? No way, Swamp only has three small rock gardens, one large slab hill, and the one fun spot where most have issues. The Rubicon has miles of slabs, many large rock areas, and way more challenging spots then only the one.

Even with the drama, still wish I could have been there.

Swamp is probably as hard if not a tad more challenging than the rubicon

when was you last the time you ran the con?

I haven't run swamp, but from the pictures it doesn't look as bad. hopefully I can make it up next year. and see for myself?

when was you last the time you ran the con?

I haven't run swamp, but from the pictures it doesn't look as bad. hopefully I can make it up next year. and see for myself?

few years ago....not worth the drive.

There were a couple people that were full of crap, so the facilities really took a beating!

Richard goes every year, the facilities are used to it. :gee:

The toilets at Grouse and Swamp were installed in summer 2007,and never moved. When the pit gets full,we dig a new hole next to it and move it over. So,they can't be thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

Last edited:

The toilets at Grouse and Swamp were installed in summer 2007,and never moved. When the pit gets full,we dig a new hole next to it and move it over. So,they can't be thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad.

So does the lowest ranking club member have to dig the new hole or cap the old one? Inquiring minds want to know.

cause you've been to both and know everything......

No, I've not wheeled swamp. But I have been to that area of the Sierra and it doesn't compare to the area that the rubicon.

Didn't say swamp wasn't a good trail or worth it, just that I think the rubicon is definitely worth the drive, especially if you haven't been.

Back