• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake trip July 26-28 2013

This should clear up all confusion.

Swamp Lake Trail:

JesBusWAFC.jpg

Rubicon Trail:

TheCoolPeople3.jpg

Both definitely test your rock crawlin' endurance when it comes to your body and your machine. I will say this, the west side of buck Island has a very beautiful waterfall that can be seen only when you hike to get snow for your coolers ;) It's like seeing one of those fancy waterfalls on one of dem fancy calendars.

Oh and anything that can go wrong, will go wrong when out in the middle of nowhere ;0

I bet you have never fallen asleep when you were driving on the Rubicon!!!

I did last year, although it had more to do with being up all day and night shuttling parts working on junk. Not to mention the exhaust leak. Confidant it was co2 poisoning but none the less I did fall asleep a few times before throwing up.

I will say this, the west side of buck Island has a very beautiful waterfall that can be seen only when you hike to get snow for your coolers ;) It's like seeing one of those fancy waterfalls on one of dem fancy calendars.

Oh and anything that can go wrong, will go wrong when out in the middle of nowhere ;0
Mountain-Lion.jpg

I did last year, although it had more to do with being up all day and night shuttling parts working on junk. Not to mention the exhaust leak. Confidant it was co2 poisoning but none the less I did fall asleep a few times before throwing up.

You Norcal guys have all the fun. :p

I've heard from a reliable source that the actual trail is 13 miles,the rest is dirt road. Swamp also has dirt access roads,but we don't count them in the trail mileage.

that is true the last four miles or so is dirt road. official trailer head to trailhead include the dirt roadI did ups all of swamp Lake I'll have to look to see how long that is

stupid cell phone voice recognition

I've heard from a reliable source that the actual trail is 13 miles,the rest is dirt road. Swamp also has dirt access roads,but we don't count them in the trail mileage.

I believe you should drive it before you talk about it, as this thread clearly shows, other peoples opinions can be very different from your own experience.

Opinions are very different on the difficulty of trails, and it can be the time you were on it it was stacked or unstacked. It can also be experience, some people are scared of driving up or down Rooster Rock on Swamp trail:

DSC_0282.jpg

and some people like to make three point turns on the face of it for fun:

DSC_0245.jpg

Back