• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sold the YJ, now I own a Renix.

double check that your cranks have the round trim piece underneath.

it keeps the door car pushed back from the handle a bit. they're always missing.

double check that your cranks have the round trim piece underneath.

it keeps the door car pushed back from the handle a bit. they're always missing.

Yeah they are there. I had to get handles when I bought it and triple checked the trim pieces made it on the doors.

I guess you're just SOL then...

we'll be in the charleston area first week in september if you're wanting to come hang out.

we'll be in the charleston area first week in september if you're wanting to come hang out.

That would be fun! It's 4.5 hour haul for me and I think I will be headed to DC that week.

WV or SC?

sc.

coming down to see doug and tim.
and making some more east coast southern trip.

we'll probably put 3k miles on pretty ricky in 10 days.

sc.

coming down to see doug and tim.
and making some more east coast southern trip.

we'll probably put 3k miles on pretty ricky in 10 days.

Cool. Let me know if you get close. Columbia and Myrtle are less then 2hours from me. Charleston is about 3.

Today was not a good day for the Hot Mess. Lost almost all clutch pedal, no leaks fluid level stays the same. Took the craptastic master cylinder back for a replacement. Got that one in but haven't filled/tested yet.

Picked up o-rings from the dealership for the oil filter adaptor. I think the package has been on the shelf awhile.
a64ebd38d7e25e95ed483907a3894b1f.jpg

Went about replacing the driver front axle shaft joint. It's amazing how this thing still held together. Blew one cap apart trying to press it out, then cracked the stub shaft. Headed to the junkyard tomorrow, I want to spend money elsewhere on the jeep right now than new axle shafts.
49f36ab08814a5e9d615667fba4f2271.jpg

abb432b51a4ec24eff5b3265a3d7e2cd.jpg

Went and got this cap from a remote SC area. I got out in one piece.

59f12217abf9dfa4c358a3dd95f2e14f.jpg

Some serious mold on this thing. This picture was halfway through the first scrub down.

1d74c4c79b2f95bd4b5e4f46d4ea52de.jpg

Two scrubs and then a bleach soak got this thing remarkable clean. The white was short lived.

af643a904c9fc63d4a106f9ecd16613f.jpg

92ad3e31be51a85d3681c6267423684b.jpg

68cabfa0018145aaf774b4eaf859b995.jpg

I used plasti dip. It was an interesting learning experience. Unlike some claim, you cannot cover large areas with rattle cans. I ran back and got the regular plasti dip to spray out of the paint gun. This worked better but I have a strong feeling ordering the gallons from some of the DIY websites would yield even more success. I would at least like to see some of the prethinned product as the 50/50 mix I followed seemed super thin even to be spraying. There are still some uneven spots on the top of the shell that annoy me but I refused to go buy more paint. Overall the shell looks good. Time will tell if it will be durable enough.

30ed845a2c87309d85e26b1f45523faf.jpg

On the truck. Unfortunately it rained this morning, but the dip seems to be cured enough it doesn't to have any detrimental effects. Oh tip... The camper shell removal and installation is a 2 man job. Doing it by myself was pretty ugly.

well, I wonder who gave you the idea for a shell that looks just like that....

Ha it does have a striking resemblance. I'm pretty sure that person has graduated to true old man riser status though.

In other news my Euramtec lights and new carpet have come in. I might do the interior tomorrow but it will probably wait until next week.

I'm interested in how those lights work.

I've got some stock ones, but the stock ones suck.

The hot mess is looking pretty good, Nick!

6a9b2187967d5b3217c9fac8e3a24382.jpg

Gutted the interior. Gross.

4f8fc016e723d27d5aadf86a2cc5fe21.jpg

Interesting hack job with masking tape on the headliner. The back needs to be reglued.

085d27671288e099f3e13aed94aece38.jpg

Velcro to hold the headliner up? Didn't work.

f684a70e7b775c15330cf30404b53af0.jpg

Test fit of the new 2dr XJ seats. This is as far back as it will go, farther than my driving position.

a7bc0d9c5fdba2512dae5b5f30d7e7c6.jpg

Slid forward and leaned. I need a junkyard run for random interior pieces and fasteners. The only screws left were in the drivers entry guard.

178dfc79d9583714445d70a3a6f1ea30.jpg

Carpet went in.

8ebd5e39ca5aae7f3d4dbb39f159a11e.jpg

Seats mounted, everything back in. New wood grain dash for a touch of class! Also grabbed the 4 switch panels. Sourcing some aftermarket switches to fit in there to run lights and whatnot.

210ee0b7f95ca8b87afb54b68d10a1e5.jpg

Snagged a full Renix gauge cluster at the junkyard. Nice to have a Tach.

6278e763d898bea8c2ee6a6289d08c18.jpg

Euramtec LED B pillar lights. Nice units. Had to remove a little bit of plastic from the b pillar cover to fit.

Also added a stiff seat belt buckle so you don't have to go digging underneath the seat for it. Fixed my turn signals. Made a jumper for the fuse block ground. It's the little stuff that makes a big difference in a DD. Cab is much quieter now with the carpet, I'm sitting at a proper height. I have lights that even work with the door switches!

Now trying to realign my driver door went horribly wrong. Ended up bending the fender. Took forever to get it just back to the crap alignment it was at before. I finally saw one of the issues, someone has messed with the striker and reinstalled with a plate. Pictures will come tomorrow of this issue. We need a Federal law that anyone who hacks up a rare vehicle should be shot on sight.

Ive destroyed numerous rare vehicles.... Its kind of my thing.

The dash is pretty sweet. I have one i have yet to put in mine.

What brackets did you use to mount the seats?

Back