• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, are you ready?

1. Pass smog... Done
2. New Steering
3. Alignment
4. Trans line leak
5. Test 12V refrigerator
6. Borrow Honda generator from work
7. Find my camping gear
8. Pack Jeep
9. Fill up tank (wallet starts to cry)
10. Drive to Big Bear
11. Try not to break anything
12. Win the raffle

Got my steering links all welded up today and got it all set up. High steer arms are bolted in place with the steering attached and the track bar bracket is 1/2 done :)

IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0044.jpg

@ Garrett aka HeepSpeed -- wow, you lost your nuts already? Sheesh.
@ Avery--went from Garrett's lost nuts to a pic of a random bloody body part from you :scared:. Then found out it's your head, which is dense enough to be safe.
@ Avery again - and you really did bugger up your hand, now, didn't you! Yipes! Glad you're all right!

And last,
@ Dan Gerr -- if your Jeep isn't leaking, there must be something wrong with it!!

@ Derek -- I'm always game for a beer!

@ Dan -- Phew!! Had me worried there for a while! My Jeep's got both an exhaust leak and a fluid leak (or maybe 2?) that's slow & gooey enough it never drips on the ground, but smears nicely across the entire bottom of my Jeep at speed, and stays there.

Got my steering all done today

DSC09209+_Medium_.JPG

Got my tires mounted but one leaks at the inside bead :banghead: I dismounted it and was about to reverse it to see if it solves my problem but it got too late.

DSC09210+_Medium_.JPG

I Rebuilt the Durango steering box and got it installed. I am surprised on how simple these things are to rebuild

DSC09220+_Medium_.JPG

Got the track bar bracket pretty much finished up and it is installed and the track bar is connected to it. I also got the MORE steering brace shortened down and put back in the rig because of the larger steering gear.

I ALMOST could drive it downt he street if the darn tire would hold air :doh:
The goal is tomorrow night to have it rollin'

Got the 4th wheel to mount and it drives. I have to dial in the front end steering and center the wheel and what not but it rolls! :party:

Got the 4th wheel to mount and it drives. I have to dial in the front end steering and center the wheel and what not but it rolls! :party:
Um, Cracker... I wouldn't brag about your rig rolling!!

And if you have to dial in the front end steering, does that mean you perfected the rear end steering? :moon:

Love ya, hope to see you (and maybe Mei?) up in BB soon!

Um, Cracker... I wouldn't brag about your rig rolling!!

And if you have to dial in the front end steering, does that mean you perfected the rear end steering? :moon:

Love ya, hope to see you (and maybe Mei?) up in BB soon!

Well, it wasn't looking too happy for a while sitting on jack stands for a month and a half.

I haven't got the rear steer on yet :laugh:

Mei is still figuring out whether she'll come up or not. :(

Well, it wasn't looking too happy for a while sitting on jack stands for a month and a half.

I haven't got the rear steer on yet :laugh:

Mei is still figuring out whether she'll come up or not. :(
u my friend, need to come to fontucky to help me set up the 44:D

Back