• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, are you ready?

Oof....I am running WAY behind on this project. Tubework is quite time consuming.

I'll be lucky if I can make it on Saturday :doh:

Well hurry the eff up, Cracker!!!

Garrett, I hope you can pull off a miracle and make it up there. If nothing else, I'm sure someone would let you be their bitch for the day, especially if Sam's part of the package :laugh:.

well i cracked my t-case and jacked up my driveshaft last week so its going to be a busy day, to get ready for next weekend!

Well, my turn. Ran into a small glitch. My long-time cracked head got worse last weekend, so instead of burning a small bit of coolant (does that qualify as a hybrid?) it's boiling pretty good. I didn't want to chance it for the Fest, so I ordered a new head, which I hoped would be in by yesterday, now I won't have it until Monday. New radiator will be here then, too. So... I should still be able to git-r-done as I now have lots of weekend time to prep for the new stuff, i.e. remove the old stuff and clean. Think I'll fix some oil leaks while I'm at it. Hopefully done by Tuesday night, just not much room for error. Time to get started!

Jim

hello,

So are stock jeeps ok? Will there be much to do?

Stockers are welcome and in big bear there are plenty of trails for the stockers to run. We will be running trails for all levels, well except the competition buggies they are on there own, which is the way they like it.

Well, my turn. Ran into a small glitch. My long-time cracked head got worse last weekend, so instead of burning a small bit of coolant (does that qualify as a hybrid?) it's boiling pretty good. I didn't want to chance it for the Fest, so I ordered a new head, which I hoped would be in by yesterday, now I won't have it until Monday. New radiator will be here then, too. So... I should still be able to git-r-done as I now have lots of weekend time to prep for the new stuff, i.e. remove the old stuff and clean. Think I'll fix some oil leaks while I'm at it. Hopefully done by Tuesday night, just not much room for error. Time to get started!

Jim

Let me know if you need any help getting it back together!

I'm sure he will be welcome but he will need to stay on trails designated for dirtbikes unless its a dual sport/enduro with regestration.
Sbnf is pretty well set up for bikes but I'm not sure I'd ride one with a group of 4000# vehicles but that's my whole "don't wana get run over" mentality
my buddy might be interested in bringing a dirtbike since he's not a 4x4 guy...I assume he could play on the stocker trails or what?

Made a lot of progress today!

Got the rear end done, Locker in, new brake shoes and re did the brake lines. Installed my drive shafts and did the rear BPE mod.

Just gotta bleed the brakes and take it on a test drive.

Let me know if you need any help getting it back together!

Thanks for the offer WebDog! I think my son & I should get it all done. That rear head bolt sucks! I had to bend up the seam on the firewall just to get the socket on. Not much left to do until the new head & radiator show up tomorrow. Late nights ahead! Glad to see your mods are coming right along!

Jim

Thanks for the offer WebDog! I think my son & I should get it all done. That rear head bolt sucks! I had to bend up the seam on the firewall just to get the socket on. Not much left to do until the new head & radiator show up tomorrow. Late nights ahead! Glad to see your mods are coming right along!

Jim

I did the same to the firewall... Bad design.

I got my rear bumper done. I will weld it onto the Jeep tomorrow.

DSC09245+_Medium_.JPG

Got the B Pillar done and will weld that up tomorrow and hopefully get it installed with a halo as well.

DSC09247+_Medium_.JPG

Still not looking good but I am not giving up yet....

Back