• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, are you ready?

Got some stuff done this weekend. Got the track bar bracket and supporting brace done.

DSC09228+_Medium_.JPG

Got them installed. Got the spare tire mounted and the bumper started. I need to weld the bumper up before I can go any further though.

The 'to do' list as of tonight....

• Build a roll cage
  • Put the new transmission pan/gasket on
  • Finish the rear bumper
10 more days to get this done :thumbup:

Last edited:
I still need to order my WJ steering parts. Who in OC would be trusty to weld the JKS spacers to the knuckles?

I now need to install a new tcase skid (replaced the crossmember yesterday) after I egg out one of the holes so it'll fit, borrow some tires to try & get rid of latest death wobble, and see if it shifts into 4LO again now that the drivetrain isn't stuffed 2" higher than it was supposed to. Oh, and hammer out the dent in my front diff, and maybe replace my bent stock control arms...

Kinda found a really large (3' tall?) rock to park on accidentally out at Superstition this weekend. Hit front tow hook, bent front skid plate up (sides bulge now), bent tie rod, smacked front diff, then managed to roll the rock out of where it was sunk in the sand and forward about 4-6 feet as I perched my rig on it. Managed to end up right on the crossmember, though, and the stock tcase skid sacrificed itself doing its job, leaving my drivetrain up about 2".

Drove it home, though, and then up to Ryan's to replace the crossmember. After that, other than more interesting death wobble than usual, it seems fine. I'll try the tires & control arms, and checking TRE's and such, see what that does.

Even if I still have DW, I'll still drive to SoCalFest. DW doesn't hit except somewhere b/w 50 & 65, so I'd just drive nice'n'slow and piss those behind me off =).

I think I just felt guilty about not having a list of stuff to do to my rig before I went to SoCalFest... so I fixed that guilt!

Got the front ball joints done and ZJ steering, but the jeep is still siting on stands without the rear axle mounted.

I am worried that the drive shaft will be too long with the 8.25 as opposed to the 35...

At least I wont get my doors blown off by two ladies going in excess of 100mph!

Hey, Karen & I were only going about 80 up Hwy 86 that time... you're just sloooow =). :laugh:

And I'll be pulling a trailer to BB, so no high speeds even if I completely solve my DW :). Going to try swapping tires with Karen for a bit tonight, see if that makes major progress.

LOL Carol! Classic. Do a quick driveway align. Works wonders! :)

We (actually Kevin 3151 & my ex, Jim) did re-align it at camp before I left for home. What's worse is that Tom (Tripdog) and James (jeprovo) had aligned it in camp that morning. I was 1/2" toe out before finding that rock, and 1" toe in afterward... if we'd just left it alone in the a.m., I would've only been 1/2" toe in after the rock...almost within spec! Some judicious application of a bottle jack straightened out my tie rod fairly well, and I'm presumably still at 1/4" toe in or so.

I busted my ass all day on the rear bumper and progress was pretty darn slow... :banghead:

So got the U Bolts in the mail today and got it back on 4 wheels. The rear shaft is too long, only has about 3/4" of travel before maxing out. So I am going to drop my shaft off to get shortened tomorrow.

Oof....I am running WAY behind on this project. Tubework is quite time consuming.

I'll be lucky if I can make it on Saturday :doh:

Back