• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, are you ready?

Oh god...

Install re 4.5 (happening the 13at andys) (done)
Diag my front drive train issuse (not done)
Find/buy front tow hooks (have brackets need to install)
Install rear factory hitch (have hit need to find hardware)
Buy and install sliders (not done)
Swap out steering gear box :( fml... (not done)

jesus I need to get my ass in gear....

Well, I thought we might bring the wife heep for a night run/sunday maint. but theres no way its gonna be ready, still waiting on parts.

Well, I thought we might bring the wife heep for a night run/sunday maint. but theres no way its gonna be ready, still waiting on parts.
Parts are still a month out? Are you coming out at all, then? I'm sure we can scrounge up some spare seats if you wanted...

Got my rig painted. Now I have to redo one little spot where a drip formed and touch up where all the damn bugs landed. :banghead:

Parts are still a month out? Are you coming out at all, then? I'm sure we can scrounge up some spare seats if you wanted...
I have no idea how far out the parts are, waiting on ProjectJeepXJ to get his old axles out so I can start building them. He's having a lot of trouble with his build so I don't think we'll have her rig ready.

No worries, we can always bring the other XJ. Or the MJ :D

Got my rig painted. Now I have to redo one little spot where a drip formed and touch up where all the damn bugs landed. :banghead:

Did you decide to paint over the white, or is this the other rig? I haven't been prowling around your back yard enough lately :(

Did you decide to paint over the white, or is this the other rig? I haven't been prowling around your back yard enough lately :(

Over the white. Had some paint drip issues from the original paint job but just the cab forward. Now I have to contend with bugs.

I have no idea how far out the parts are, waiting on ProjectJeepXJ to get his old axles out so I can start building them. He's having a lot of trouble with his build so I don't think we'll have her rig ready.

Oh, fun, that kind of "waiting on parts". Tell Anthony to hurry up :D.

Glad to hear you'll probably be there regardless; I don't think I've ever gotten the chance to actually meet both of you...

I think I'm ready. Ideally, I'd like to get some new tires before then. But that ain't likely to happen. My tires are almost as bald as I am.

my apologies john, this swap is a PITFA:banghead: i WILL NOT be attending this years socal fest. oh well :bawl:

Got the bumper done tonight with the necessary tubework and mods.

IMAG0039.jpg

Oh, fun, that kind of "waiting on parts". Tell Anthony to hurry up :D.

Glad to hear you'll probably be there regardless; I don't think I've ever gotten the chance to actually meet both of you...
Well, we were at Cal and crackers party a while back, but we didn't talk to you much. We showed up WAY too early and left just a little after you got there.

I have a set of seats in the garage from Kyungs '96 (tan and in good shape.)

oops... missread that one :D

@ JohnX - Okay, yeah, that rings a vague bell. But it'll be good to re-meet you then!!

@ Brendan - Yeah, cute... besides, the way Kyung wheels, I'd think his seats would be permanently stained!! :scared: :wierd:

the drivers side does have a stain on it, that is what the seat covers must have been for :D

Got my wheels. they should leave the east coast soon coming my way :)

Alloy Trail Readys :D
IMG00003-20100408-1251.jpg

IMG00004-20100408-1252.jpg

Got my Durango box in as well but looks like I need to take it apart and rebuild it to get rid of the steering stops. :banghead:

Back