• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, are you ready?

Got my wheels. they should leave the east coast soon coming my way :)

Alloy Trail Readys :D
IMG00003-20100408-1251.jpg

IMG00004-20100408-1252.jpg

Got my Durango box in as well but looks like I need to take it apart and rebuild it to get rid of the steering stops. :banghead:

THOSE are the beadlocks I want. How much did you score them for?

An update on my side:
Rebuilt my trackbar bushings...that is all. Hoping to get started installing the armor this weekend.

damn.....you are hired to find me a set at that price :)

damn.....you are hired to find me a set at that price :)

ha! It took me over a month of searching for it. Took me about two hours a day.

Make sure you search for 'bead lock', 'beadlock', beadlocks' and 'bead locks'. Everyone spells these differently.

Made some progress.

Got my front ended paint touched up (still looks like crap though) and plated my inside drivers frame rail

DSC09202+_Medium_.JPG

Tomorrow I need to modify my D44 spindles and get my bumper back on...

1. Pass smog...
2. New Steering
3. Alignment
4. Trans line leak
5. Test 12V refrigerator
6. Borrow Honda generator from work
7. Find my camping gear
8. Pack Jeep
9. Fill up tank (wallet starts to cry)
10. Drive to Big Bear
11. Try not to break anything
12. Win the raffle

well I made some progress:

- rebuilt my trackbar bushings last weekend
- this weekend, I installed my rear quarter guards and cleaned up some rust off my rear bumper

main.php

main.php

Right now they are only black primer. Hoping to get them painted same color as the jeep on the cheap.

Trying to decide if I want to fill in the bolt heads with bondo and make it smoooth like my door armor.

Now I just need to get the lowers bent better:
main.php

Got my tow hook brackets installed, perminitly relocated my vacume bottle, and cleaned up the hoses. Got the battery properly held down. cleaned out the jeep a little bit.

Still need to do.

Steering gear box

Buy & install rock rails

get some hardware for hitch, and install.

replace pass side unit bearing.

not to bad, hopefully i will get all this done next weekend but the rock rails.

yay I fixed my winch solenoids tonight (finally after not having a line-out for about 2 years)

I figured out my odd front axle issue that was bothering me tonight and I'll have it all back together tomorrow afternoon :cheers:

I got my high steer arms in today so I made my new track bar and tie rod for the new set up. I will have that all welded up by wed hopefully
(I'll use the 220 mig for that).

Tomorrow I am supposed to get the rebuild kit and I need to disect the Durango box and get it all going so I have 3.5 turns (as opposed to 3 turns) lock to lock. This project looks like a pain in the @$$......

Beadlocks are due to show on Thursday so in a perfect world I could have a ton of stuff done this week. :cool:

I seem to have lost my battery hold down bolts that hold down the top clamp thingy...what size are those bolts so I can run to the hardware store quick?

They're like 1/4" or so, but if you just go to autozone/kragen/napa, you can pick up battery tie down bolts that have the nifty hooked end and all...by the way...are you sure thy didn't just drop down a ways? Might be worth just pulling the battery and taking a gander.

As for my to do list:

Stare at the Jeep
Stare at the internet
Stare at the jeep
Stare at the internet
Tap my watch and wonder why time is going so slow
Stare at the Jeep....

Got my front axle all wrapped up and the high steer arms all attached and torqued. Continued on my steering links and got them prepped to burn in tomorrow with the 220.

In the process of making all that happen, I put a hole in my head with my jeep.
IMAG0041+_Small_.jpg

$h!t happens.......

You won't beleive this.....

About 10 minutes after my last post, I offered to my wife to do the dishes while she studies. The third glass into it, I am scrubbing a drinking glass and it shatters in my hand as I scrub the rim and subsequently cut the crap out of myself.

20 minutes later I am in the Emergency Room with a banged up head and a gushing hand wound and they think I was in a car accident :laugh2: . My wife and I find ourselves laughing and we explained that the head injury was from the Jeep and the hand injury was from doing dishes. Seven stiches later and 3:00 on the morning, we get to go home.

And to think I am not very accident prone.

IMAG0043.jpg

Jeep progress will be slowed down now.....

man....talk about some strange luck. Your wife is laughing because she's secretly sabotaging your wheeling. muhahaha

man....talk about some strange luck. Your wife is laughing because she's secretly sabotaging your wheeling. muhahaha

Totally!

My co-workers are telling me I went through a lot of trouble to never do dishes again. LOL

Back