• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

nice rig man. very clean. do you have lockers or something? cause if I flex out like that I spin tires like a mo-fo... I have to take a different line. I just ran that trail yesterday... it was all muddy, and slippery... made it fun:sunshine:

I do have a Trac-loc, but it's 20+ years old and has never been rebuilt so far as I know. It may help out a bit, but judging by the fact that you can see tread on the grounded tire and just a blur on the airborne tire, I'd have to say it's not helping me all that much. Lockers are definately in my plans for the (hopefully) near future.

As for the trail, it was fairly dry the day we did the Sierra Chapter Run. Regardless, there were still 3 or 4 places where I had to back up and either pick a different line or carry some momentum through to get me over the flexed out spots.

right on. I ran a limited slip rear until I blew n outer bearing... gotta love hollister man... that place is never the same.

I've been lacking on the pictures in here. I met a few of you at hollister, and of course blondjon and jimbo down at the wrecked 97 pull.

Stock. 2001 sport.
jeep014.jpg

2 inch crap lift. 30's.
hollister003.jpg

Now, 3.5 inch RE super flex, 31's, blah blah blah.
yay029.jpg

yosemite050.jpg

hollister0912.jpg

hollister098.jpg

PIC_0028.jpg

Nice Jimbo- Looks a bit different than the last time I saw it. Your old drop brackets are goin' on in the next couple weeks...

thanks man,
you know you're responsible, I was considering selling everything till I spent a while talking to you. ha ha, then the jeep bug bit me again and I knew I couldn't get rid of it

and I'm glad! those things worked really well for me!
let me know once you get 'em in!

Since I just can't contain my excitement I gotta post up my progress so far. It's not much but everyone's gotta start somewhere

Rear: S10 bastard pack (XJ main, S10 2nd, 3rd, overload)
Front: RE 3.5 coils and SF LCAs (THANKS TOMMYBOY)

Hopefully get enough $$$ for my b-day in 2 weeks for 33s, then bigtime trimming

LiftDone.jpg

LiftDone2.jpg

haha they look so funny on stock tires... it'll look great with the 33's!

Since I just can't contain my excitement I gotta post up my progress so far. It's not much but everyone's gotta start somewhere

hey if you wanted to get rid of those wheels for like a 100 bucks i'll be glad to take em off ur hands for ya =D

why would you want stock wheels?

ahhhhh..... okay then. I got rid of mine pretty quick. I sold them cheap... like $80 with crappy tires still on them.

ahhhhh..... okay then. I got rid of mine pretty quick. I sold them cheap... like $80 with crappy tires still on them.

off topic but i got the idea to flip my axle and put my leafs on top of the axle on my 5x8 trailer for when i lift my xj i'll have a lifted trailer with matching tires and wheels to drag behind it, it "appears" like i have 2" drop spindles on the trailer and the leafs are on bottom, when i give the axle a 180 degree flip i am expecting to net a 5" lift with the stock 205/70/15's, after adding some 235/75 BFG MT's it will lift it even more =)

Hey man, you are pretty close to me, I'f you ever want some help with an install, give me a call. I live near the hillsdale mall. I've done most of the mods you'll need to do for your lift.

867 4226
:wave:

here's mine,
3 link, 5.5 coils 3.5 leaves with 2 inch shackle and shackle box moved down. 4.56 gears, arbs, alloys, warn hubs, 35's on beadlocks, and still no front bumper...

Damn jimbo, nice ride. Lets not flop this one tho!

thanks man,
you know you're responsible, I was considering selling everything till I spent a while talking to you. ha ha, then the jeep bug bit me again and I knew I couldn't get rid of it

and I'm glad! those things worked really well for me!
let me know once you get 'em in!

Good... nice to know I can make another man broke with mere words! Thanks for the signs by the way... pass that along to your folks as well. They must have helped!!

n1119565451_374271_2318287.jpg

I'm the climber, not the climbed(that would be tayman :p), saggy saggy 4.5" RE coils, xj on xj bastard pack, d30/44 33'z lockers, rails, and frame support coming soon

wanna know whats sad... i tried climbing a slanted rock yesterday to see how much articulation i can get out of my xj... i think i got maybe a 1-1.5 feet off the ground lol. i took pictures if anyone wants a lil chuckle and point fingers at my cute lil stocker trying to look tough

Back