• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Rigs

wanna know whats sad... i tried climbing a slanted rock yesterday to see how much articulation i can get out of my xj... i think i got maybe a 1-1.5 feet off the ground lol. i took pictures if anyone wants a lil chuckle and point fingers at my cute lil stocker trying to look tough

heck ya post them i wanna laugh lol

ok so i was at morro bay yesterday feeding the squirrels and saw a nicely slanted rock so i wanted to see just what my lil xj had for flex, i was ashamed to say the least.

IMG_0639.jpg

thats all i could get without being tippy and bringing a tire off the ground... see the rear tire spin lol.

this is still tuckin rear thou...
IMG_0638.jpg

front view to see lack of coolness
IMG_0636.jpg

i dunno if disconnecting the front and removing the rear will do much for articulation, but after seeing these picture's im ready to lift and remove my sway bars =/

Rear wont do much for articulation but if you disconnect your front you'll get a lot more out of it.

good cuz i need it!!

so i was thinking for the top... unbolting it and drilling a hole thru the shaft big enough to hold a good sized cotter pin. would it work? or is there too much stress in that area or do that make quick disco's for stock setup... OR will a quick disco work for a stock xj too?

good cuz i need it!!

so i was thinking for the top... unbolting it and drilling a hole thru the shaft big enough to hold a good sized cotter pin. would it work? or is there too much stress in that area or do that make quick disco's for stock setup... OR will a quick disco work for a stock xj too?

quick disco's will work for a stocker too... I don't know if it's a great idea to use the stock links though. I'm pretty sure they'd hit stuff if you didn't rotate them out of the way.

and Joe (FlyingBrick) you're welcome for the pictures :patriot:

quick disco's will work for a stocker too... I don't know if it's a great idea to use the stock links though. I'm pretty sure they'd hit stuff if you didn't rotate them out of the way.

i just found a link on how to make quick disco's for my stock links.... its unreal how i'll go from a 460 rti on the ramp with everything to connected to a 691 RTI with front/ rear removed!

http://jeep.off-road.com/jeep/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=257851

cool. that'll work fine. I was just worried about the link slamming into the "frame" or the fenderwell if you didn't have a way to remove them. that setup should be great until you lift it.

my new ride its not an xj but i do miss my old one im still on here daily reading up on all the tech for this summer when i do start my cherokee build. anyways the specs on her
2000 tj sport 4.0 auto
75k miles d30/35(stupid axle)
4" fabtec short arm lift 33" mickey Mtz hanson bumpers and locked out fab rock sliders (local shop)
Sadly no pics of it in action
l_c6221f24282545a7a7e6273f737ce5b9.jpg

l_1e99e6bc0d9341969e964f10b8f22900.jpg

Here is my junk. 4.5" lift, 104" wb, 35" claws, mid arm 3-link, open 30 & 35 with 3.55's, sye.... Gears, lockers and tube work will be done soon......

my.php

my.php

my.php

just some updated pics. added front and rear bumpers, sliders, ruffstuff stiffeners and flat x-member. the sliders still need to be plated and front frame stiffeners added to finish the front bumper.....

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so i was at morro bay yesterday feeding the squirrels and saw a nicely slanted rock so i wanted to see just what my lil xj had for flex, i was ashamed to say the least.

IMG_0639.jpg

thats all i could get without being tippy and bringing a tire off the ground... see the rear tire spin lol.

this is still tuckin rear thou...
IMG_0638.jpg

front view to see lack of coolness
IMG_0636.jpg

i dunno if disconnecting the front and removing the rear will do much for articulation, but after seeing these picture's im ready to lift and remove my sway bars =/

Nice jeep.

Wow mike that is just sad lol...

dude seriously i know! i was going to disconnect my rear sway bar and make those quick disconnects for up front this weekend BUT, my job just relocated me to a new location (from chevron to oxy) and oxy gave my crew ten 12 hour days solid... so im told we dont get a day off til like next saturday, but we get overtime and double time on saturday/sunday so it will be totally worth it in the end, and by end i mean they will prolly lay us off after that from lack of work lol. but im looking at the plus side... unempolyment checks and lots of consecutive days off! which means more time to tinker with the xj! like maybe trim up the fenders and relocate the stock flares, sway bar setup... tint the windows =)

dude seriously i know! i was going to disconnect my rear sway bar and make those quick disconnects for up front this weekend BUT, my job just relocated me to a new location (from chevron to oxy) and oxy gave my crew ten 12 hour days solid... so im told we dont get a day off til like next saturday, but we get overtime and double time on saturday/sunday so it will be totally worth it in the end, and by end i mean they will prolly lay us off after that from lack of work lol. but im looking at the plus side... unempolyment checks and lots of consecutive days off! which means more time to tinker with the xj! like maybe trim up the fenders and relocate the stock flares, sway bar setup... tint the windows =)

well man when ever you want to trim up those fenders holler at me and come over to my casa and well do it. We'll also look at other things we can tinker with lol... I may have a few things we can put on yours.

just some updated pics. added front and rear bumpers, sliders, ruffstuff stiffeners and flat x-member. the sliders still need to be plated and front frame stiffeners added to finish the front bumper.....

I saw you at Lincoln Village and Bradshaw a week or so ago. Clean looking rig! I would have stopped to BS, but I was in a hurry.
Billy

well man when ever you want to trim up those fenders holler at me and come over to my casa and well do it. We'll also look at other things we can tinker with lol... I may have a few things we can put on yours.

hey i saw your trim job haha... i think i'll have to give andrew a call first!

Back