• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SE Utah and Colorado? 2010

Evening of the 8th at Murphy's. We will be in Moab area by mid day the 6th if all goes to plan.

Give me a ring when you can Ryan.

John, just wanted to say you suck for this trip. I wish I could go play... I know you will have a blast, take lots of pics man, and I expect a full report.

~ Stump :D

(while I am bashing you, I still cant believe you are getting rid of the XJ...)

Wish you could have joined us too Stump!

I'm going to count on Ryan to take the better images on WRT, but i'll keep the P&S busy and set the GoPro cam to snap every 5 sec. I'll throw up pics and updates as i can along the way.

You'll like what i have planned for the ZJ.. :repair:

i bought a new camera for this trip last week ..cannon digital slr.. now if i can only afford a lens for it we will be good

You bought just a body? Or your wanting a fancy lens?

We should end up with a ton of images from the trip. I'll send everyone a disc after we get back.

I dropped my camera with my good lens on the glass the other night trying to film the meteor shower. I have to send it back to Nikon, I hope they can get it back to me before we go. Otherwise I might have to rent a lens or two.

Swampy...this is always an option for you too.

Check out www.lensrentals.com. Their prices are pretty decent. It would allow you to get a really nice $2000.00 lens for about a hundred bucks a week.

Postal,

John and Bryan forget about me:smootch:, I am just that kind of guy.:pirate1: My brother and his XJ, along with me and my XJ are doing the WRT with John and Bryan. There was no room for us on John's permit at Murphys for 9/8, so I got a permit at Candlestick for 9/8. I have one opening on my permit, if John hasn't promissed it to somebody else.. We will be at Devil's Kitchen in Needles for the night of 9/9. I have one vehicle and tent left on my site there. I assume Ryan is taking the third spot on John's permit, but he would need to confirm that. We leave Canyonlands on 9/10 and it is off to BLM land and freedom to camp whereever we want. Would you like to join the party?

Doug

I just talked to my brother and he promissed the last space at Devil's Kitchen to a bud. Sorry Postal, if you were planning to come.

Permits are confirmed, vehicles are almost fully prepped, expectations are high, and good times with great people are just 15 days away.

It's been a long wait, but will be over before we know it. My desire to move west will once again be a daily thought...

mesa-arch-close.jpg

It's crunch time now..

mofo is rebuilding a steering box, swampman just swapped his fuel tank after springing a leak and i have my 242 out awaiting a rebuild kit due in tomorrow.

Wish we had just a few hours drive like you Ryan... see ya soon.

11 and a wakeup.

hey doc . i have been thinking about bringing my laptop on this trip. what is the internet coverage like there and who would your provider be ?. i talked to my buddies wife the other day about those internet stick thingies, she works for telus and suggested i buy somthing down there cuz the roaming charges would kill me.. what would you suggest for me? thanx bryan

hey doc . i have been thinking about bringing my laptop on this trip. what is the internet coverage like there and who would your provider be ?. i talked to my buddies wife the other day about those internet stick thingies, she works for telus and suggested i buy somthing down there cuz the roaming charges would kill me.. what would you suggest for me? thanx bryan

Wireless cards from carriers down here are really expensive. I think they run around $60 a month and make you get a two year contract.

Most of the restaurants and hotels around Moab have Wi-Fi but I doubt you will be around them much.

I have AT&T and an iPhone that I use for most of my internet while I'm out and about.

Back