• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SE Utah and Colorado? 2010

Shamelessly copied from a thread in EXPO.

I'm sure you have seen it but holy crap! No wonder they are saying it won't be fixed till after the new year.
minbottom.jpg

Dig a hole, bury a dead man, hook up a winch, and I bet you could make it.

This trip took a change in the last week. Swampman had to back out for personal reasons. I just spent close to a week in the hospital having my gall bladder removed, then had complications.

Mofo is on the road currently in Ohio.

I'm going to attempt to heal quickly, fix the little isue with my transfer case and perhaps make it to Fall Fling in a months time. I might not be able to pull it off but i'm gonna try like hell.

I understand Ryan and Intrepid are gonna go it alone now, hope everyone enjoys the trip.

Sitting here hurting, pissed off , disappointed and generally feeling sorry for myself. I gotta come up with a plan..

This trip took a change in the last week. Swampman had to back out for personal reasons. I just spent close to a week in the hospital having my gall bladder removed, then had complications.

Mofo is on the road currently in Ohio.

I'm going to attempt to heal quickly, fix the little isue with my transfer case and perhaps make it to Fall Fling in a months time. I might not be able to pull it off but i'm gonna try like hell.

I understand Ryan and Intrepid are gonna go it alone now, hope everyone enjoys the trip.

Sitting here hurting, pissed off , disappointed and generally feeling sorry for myself. I gotta come up with a plan..

That sucks! Get better and keep planning! It always helps me to have something to look forward to!

That sucks! Get better and keep planning! It always helps me to have something to look forward to!

Decided to scrub a western trip at all this year, i'll be trying again maybe as early as spring. Gonna do a few local long wekends to hold me over.

NPS called today, Elephant Hill is now open again.

We drove 16 hours today and are in a HoJo in Selina KS. The GPS says 645 miles to Moab. We should be there in time to setup a tent at Slickrock and get to the brewery before dark. I am really glad you talked me into this John.

I just spent close to a week in the hospital having my gall bladder removed, then had complications.

Sorry to hear about the complications. Had mine out Mar 31st of this year, surgery started at 7:30 am, 10:00 am on Apr 1st I'm on a 4 hour drive home, zero pain. They did the 5-hole operation with no complications.

I hope you get better soon.

We drove 16 hours today and are in a HoJo in Selina KS. The GPS says 645 miles to Moab. We should be there in time to setup a tent at Slickrock and get to the brewery before dark. I am really glad you talked me into this John.

Sounds good Doug.. enjoy your time, throw up a few pics here and there. Lift a few for me at the brewery. Think i'll come visit you after you get home. I'v never seen the Falls..

Sorry to hear about the complications. Had mine out Mar 31st of this year, surgery started at 7:30 am, 10:00 am on Apr 1st I'm on a 4 hour drive home, zero pain. They did the 5-hole operation with no complications.

I hope you get better soon.

I have three incisions and a fourth for a bile collection tube while awaiting the second procedure. Your a tougher man than i Joe. Glad you didnt have my experience.

So next year i'll attempt this trip once again. But there wont be a thread till after it's in progress.. what a let down this one is. :laugh3:

John you better stop in and see me if you are gonna see the falls, bring your fishing gear and some good hiking boots,, late sept / october is the best fishing ,, i have a spot basically right at the base of the falls , we head down there just after supper and wait for the water level to drop, the hydro co. diverts enuogh water around 6 pm to drop the water level downstream 10 to 12 feet in about an hour,, it is really incredible, this is when the fishing is best,, salmon of 30lbs or more are just another fish, rainbow and browns are pretty comon too, be prepared for a fight, monster fish and a strong current in the dark on greasy rocks,, a thermos full of hot cider , even if you get skunked you will get to see a view of the falls that most will never see,

Back