• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express not gone

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I see everywhere that everyone is panicking because everyone is saying RE is CLOSED. Well has anyone read there page? Yes they are closed DUE to there pending reorganization. No where does it say they are shutting there doors forever. They are a company and companies get reorganized all the time. Give them time and they will be back. You can still email there support line and get things resolved and the products are still on the shelves at there vendors. As far as I can tell they are not going to fall off the edge of the earth and disappear forever. I could be very wrong but this is after all just my take on the situation.

Right from there home page
"To Our Loyal Customers and Friends, Rubicon Express is currently closed, pending reorganization. For the latest news and current information, please visit our blog at RubiconUSA.com or follow the “blog” link in the left column of this page.
RE"

and right from there blog

"Rubicon Express News

To Our Loyal Customers and Friends,

Rubicon Express is currently closed, pending reorganization.

Customers who have placed orders and have seen a credit card charge can rest assured that their products have been shipped. Customers with orders that have not been processed will be contacted to confirm their order prior to payments being processed or merchandise shipment.

Customers who have technical or warranty issues may email: [email protected]

We apologize for the service interruption, but look forward to serving you in the future."

This doesn't mean they are shut down just temporarily closed to reorganize. Notice the last sentence in the above quote.
"We apologize for the service interruption, but look forward to serving you in the future."

It would certainly be nice if they would post up some details about what's going on with them on their website. It would make folks a bit more at ease with the notion of buying some of their remaining stock from their distributors.

I heard they were selling down inventory before they actually closed the doors. They have good products and a good standing in the industry, so I hope they get going again, but no one can count on it. I'm sure every effort to reorganize was taken before they closed the doors, so any notices they post could be "just in case" they can get it done. When you say plenty of other businesses reorganize, the difference is that most don't cease operations while they're doing it. If RE comes back, they will never be the same, and they will never have the same sales volume or reputation.

I heard they were selling down inventory before they actually closed the doors. They have good products and a good standing in the industry, so I hope they get going again, but no one can count on it. I'm sure every effort to reorganize was taken before they closed the doors, so any notices they post could be "just in case" they can get it done. When you say plenty of other businesses reorganize, the difference is that most don't cease operations while they're doing it. If RE comes back, they will never be the same, and they will never have the same sales volume or reputation.

That is the key point I keep thinking about, the way I look at it there reputation is hurt and if they do startup again they need to look at it like a new company. They are not going to bounce back up overnight, I might be leery of putting there products back on my site right away because of how they handled it. No notice to anyone, vendors, wholesalers, all found out the same way as us, by having no orders fulfilled.

It does seem as if they where selling there inventory out as the few months before this happened my wholesaler was starting to have issues getting items from them and even there on hand stock went to 0 by the day RE closed.

I know something is brewing at RE but the question is what.

Thank you...more info..Most of us at the consumer level do not get to know some if any of the happenings from a vendor till its to late. I myself didn't know that they gave no notice to the vendors either, so that is rather interesting and concerning

To be completely honest, I won't miss em. I liked the coils I ran (4.5 then 5.5), but I haven't been happy with the leafs. 3.5" leafs and I'm getting more axle wrap then I did with stock leafs. This compares between stock leafs and 30's vs RE leafs and 30's. My shocks didn't even make it a year before being completely blown out and worthless. I don't jump my Jeep or bottom out very frequently, so this was a disappointment.

This sucks, but so does my RE rear leafs. No big loss there...

If the bank locked the doors and they (RE) can't emerge (get loans) then all existing inventory, tooling, drawings, IP etc. belongs to the bank... and will be sold to pay debts. Someone may see value to manufacture the replacement parts etc.. not sure who.

I would like to get replacement parts for future needs...

"Re-organization" is business speak for "We need to find someone willing to invest money, or we're out of business."

no investors=no more RE.

So, what are or options? What brand will you buy today if you need to replace your springs? That is my case, any recommendations?

I have a XJ 96 with RE4.5, one of the springs is in a bad shape and I need to replace it (both).

Thx,

-C

I would probably do Rough Country, but that's just because the local RC rep is a real cool guy and he supports our chapter.
I like supporting guys that take care of me.

Yeah.... where would someone go to get excellent rear leaf packs now that RE may be out of business? Hmmmmm......

(shameless plug....:D)

Yeah.... where would someone go to get excellent rear leaf packs now that RE may be out of business? Hmmmmm......

(shameless plug....:D)

Hmmm..... looks like Alcan springs to me. :confused1

Back